The Official OBSF Support Group

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
Enunciation of ambulance?
Also, the biggest problem is there are not enough lines/routes. Muni also sucks. Transferring over to a bus to make a connection to another line is horrible. Try taking bart out of the airport to get to the train station. Oh wait, you cant. You have to go to the bus station then that will take you to the train station. So, if you live out in the suburbs, public transportation is useless, which is one of the many reasons why housing prices are so over inflated in the city. Ever wonder why bart is not in santa rosa? It has a lot to do with NIMBY preventing low income people from moving up there.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Ever wonder why bart is not in santa rosa? It has a lot to do with NIMBY preventing low income people from moving up there.
you been to rosa, right?

in case not, its north of marin. which doesnt have a bart line either btw.

hmmm yeah nimbys must be why

waxhead

Legend (inyourownmind)
Mar 31, 2009
Half of those high rise apt buildings are owned by SFSU (the ones on Buckingham)and used for student and admin/teacher housing. They also have some long term tenants. They have, or had plans to demo them. No idea what the time frame for that is.

They could start with the residential bldg complex near SF State that reminds me of Eastern Europe. Or the ones near the tennis courts, north of the Embarcadero Center.

Reactions: Mr Doof

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
you been to rosa, right?

in case not, its north of marin. which doesnt have a bart line either btw.

hmmm yeah nimbys must be why
My point exactly. Same reason why no bart in Livermore or Gilroy. I guess technically you can make the argument BART stands for Bay Area Rapid Transit, but there is no direct connection from Bart to Amtrak or any other public rapid transportation service because of baby boomer hippies keep voting against it. It's pretty funny my eurotrash tech bro friend was looking for affordable housing during covid and wanted out of the city because all his nightclubs were closed, and I said santa rosa is nice. He was like ewww that place is ghetto. I'm like wtf? Maybe compared to north germany during the 40's. Total snob hill ivory tower douche. Not enough ferarri dealerships in Rosa. I think the most ghetto part of marin is sky walker ranch because George Lucas got so pissed off all the boomer hippy nimby's he make it section 8 housing. Jedi master move! My sister lives in Livermore and she told me the city always votes against bart expansion to there. Instead they bus in asian tourists to the San Francisco Premium Outlet mall in Livermore. She sold her house in Oakland/Rock Ridge about 10 years ago for only $1.2M. Got tired of getting robbed every time her family left on vacation, and the police not doing anything about it. We need to get rid of Prop 13 so everyone has to pay taxes on their current value of property. Maybe then the police will get back to work, lol. I'm joking of course. Just outlining how screwed up our system is now.

Reactions: tacos

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Same reason why no bart in Livermore or Gilroy.
In planning now....might be done when fusion is commercially viable:

1689179580067.png

Anyway, why BART works for me is because of a few things:
A. mostly ride my bicycle to work
B. can walk to groceries
C. tried very hard to make a life without needing a commute to do regular things
D. don't use it much (mainly in winter when raining or when I need to get to/from SFO which is 2x-3x a year)

Am in agreement that Prop 13 needs to be reevaluation/changed (now running from fellow landed gentry coming for my hide).

Reactions: tacos

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

:roflmao:

Plan sent back to the drawing board.

Link.

Blurb:

San Francisco’s Board of Appeals unanimously upheld a decision to block a controversial proposal for a 589-foot apartment tower in the Outer Sunset after a two-hour hearing late Wednesday evening.

The massive proposal was first unveiled in April after San Francisco’s Planning Department questioned an earlier proposal for a building a quarter of the size. The agency quickly rejected the new plans, calling them “categorically out of compliance with both state and local laws.”

The developer has described the current plan as a “protest” of the city’s interpretation of a state law that allows developers to build bigger in exchange for including affordable units. The project plans for 110 means-tested below-market-rate units.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Plan sent back to the drawing board.

Link.

Blurb:

San Francisco’s Board of Appeals unanimously upheld a decision to block a controversial proposal for a 589-foot apartment tower in the Outer Sunset after a two-hour hearing late Wednesday evening.

The massive proposal was first unveiled in April after San Francisco’s Planning Department questioned an earlier proposal for a building a quarter of the size. The agency quickly rejected the new plans, calling them “categorically out of compliance with both state and local laws.”

The developer has described the current plan as a “protest” of the city’s interpretation of a state law that allows developers to build bigger in exchange for including affordable units. The project plans for 110 means-tested below-market-rate units.

I was not surprised.

Reactions: Driftcoast

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
How's the development coming along for Treasure Island, between Oaktown and SF on the Bay Bridge? Have they broke ground yet?

8,000 new homes and condos (2,000 of which will be designated as affordable housing)

500 new hotel rooms

550,000+ square feet of commercial space (SF needs more commercial space?) :roflmao:

1691643119803.png

1691643353042.png
1691643667530.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Woke AF

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I was not surprised.
Me neither.

Ever wonder why bart is not in santa rosa? It has a lot to do with NIMBY preventing low income people from moving up there.
Original BART lines/plans:

1 Here's a 1961 map showing the proposed Travel Times between different stops. This is the map that most clearly shows off the planned routes at that time.
if anyone doesn't want to click links, here is an example:

How's the development coming along for Treasure Island, between Oaktown and SF on the Bay Bridge? Have they broke ground yet?
Yes, saw the cranes this Monday past from the bridge. I wonder how well they cleaned up the radionucleotides and chemical dumps/spills.

Last edited:

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016

8,000 new homes and condos (2,000 of which will be designated as affordable housing)

500 new hotel rooms

550,000+ square feet of commercial space (SF needs more commercial space?) :roflmao:

View attachment 160180

View attachment 160181
View attachment 160182

They just put the top floor beams up on the first.

I wonder how well they cleaned up the radionucleotides and chemical dumps/spills.
Right?
SF is doing a great job at finding testers that will give them the ok on TI and Bayview

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
What that development does to the traffic on the bridge will raise SF's standing from 5th worst traffic in the nation to 1*.
:toilet:
Indeed. They've floated the idea of a toll just for TI, which is insane.

They're just banking on electric foil ferries and helicopter drone Ubers. It's only a matter of time before they are autonomous when the commission votes to approve them for widespread passenger carry today.

1691683062456.jpeg

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
What that development does to the traffic on the bridge will raise SF's standing from 5th worst traffic in the nation to 1*.
:toilet:
1 Had friends on TI who worked for the Coast Guard (then mid-90s they moved to Newport News).
2 They always wondered why BART didn't have a station there or on Yerba Buena (cost).
3 Would take Muni now and again
4 New ferry dock hours here (click me). $10 round trip.
5 Homemade jet foil! :computer::p

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
T.I. is where they filmed the zeppelin scene in #3 of the series from Raiders of Lost Ark.

US military said no to Spielberg's request to fly Nazi flags on the building, so they were digitally added in later.

This told to me by the friends who used to live on T.I., but based on the movie scene, the Nazi flags are digital....

1691706010306.png

PS
Now they have flea market weekends in the building.

Reactions: tacos and r32