The never-ending thread about nothing.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
I'm grateful that small children don't burst into flames whenever you say the number 4.

kelpcutter

Gerry Lopez status
Aug 24, 2008
However, spontaneous human combustion has been reported by so many reputable scientists on youtube that we cannot dismiss it as fantasy – it has even been officially recorded as a coroner's verdict.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
My Swiss friends send me 'cute' little videos of what they find interesting about the US of A.

Some are pretty grand, and I try to find Swiss vids that mimic this grandness.

I like the outdoorsie ones with bears or bison chasing idiots in national parks, endless grassland views with wild horses, beach scenes of wonder, and yeah, people of Walmart stuff or rioting stuff (which are not my bag), but guess which ones I am getting now?

I therefore have resolved to send them goofy Swiss-esque type videos in return for the latter.

An example:

• Haha
Reactions: Joshua2415 and r32

everysurfer

Phil Edwards status
Sep 9, 2013
Santa Barbara County
My Swiss friends send me 'cute' little videos of what they find interesting about the US of A.

Some are pretty grand, and I try to find Swiss vids that mimic this grandness.

I like the outdoorsie ones with bears or bison chasing idiots in national parks, endless grassland views with wild horses, beach scenes of wonder, and yeah, people of Walmart stuff or rioting stuff (which are not my bag), but guess which ones I am getting now?

I therefore have resolved to send them goofy Swiss-esque type videos in return for the latter.

An example:

Would gag

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Weird that it shows a Forest Service engineer, but some of the "Checked By" names are pretty funny. Checked by "I Mixum and IP Freely" Someone had lots of fun drawing that.

Reactions: Mr Doof

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Do you know who drew this?
1 - "Self Appointed Barmasters" per the lower right. I do not know who they are, nor would I say if I did know.

2 - Received copy of it yesterday from old friend who now lives near Boeing HQ in Washington. First time I ever saw it was yesterday.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
1 - "Self Appointed Barmasters" per the lower right. I do not know who they are, nor would I say if I did know.

2 - Received copy of it yesterday from old friend who now lives near Boeing HQ in Washington. First time I ever saw it was yesterday.
Cool. Someone showed me a copy of this in the mid-90s in SLO. I recreated it on mylar on my drafting table and created some blueprints from it, mainly because I was bored. But I updated it for different drinks. Pretty cool idea.

Reactions: Mr Doof

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Hey, Recology (local trash company) is shooting photos on my sidewalk right now....the one I just had replaced

Our fruiting lemon tree, red driveway, new sidewalk, ornamental strawberry, and lantana are going to be be famous (if they decide to use the images) in next issue of whatever it is Recology sends out with the bill

I have two thoughts:

1 They are lucky I killed off the yellow-jacket hive a few months back.
2 Why do I use up my 15 minutes of fame in these tiny worthless snippets?