The never-ending thread about nothing.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Tale of a missing (4 years) surfboard.

News item here

Blurb:

As Griffiths explained to the BBC, this was no ordinary surfboard — he’d had it custom-built for surfing in this particular part of the world. The fact that it didn’t surface puzzled him, as this was not typical behavior for a surfboard.

Four years later, a pair of brothers were fishing off the coast of Queensland, nearly 1,700 miles away. They caught what seemed to be a mass of seaweed, but which turned out to be Griffiths’s lost surfboard, albeit with some added seaweed and barnacles.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I want to identify the light purple and dark purple flowers without paying . Anyone know what they are?
I tried 2 websites and both seemed to ignore my uploads

how? T77114C9E-6B10-44FC-B2C5-8ACAAE56B179.jpeg

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I want to identify the light purple and dark purple flowers without paying . Anyone know what they are?
I tried 2 websites and both seemed to ignore my uploads

how? TView attachment 110375
Best estimate since I can't really see the leaf structure, left to right (purple, yellow, pink, blue):

Purple looks like anemone or perhaps a daisy relative, yellow looks like petunia, pink an aster (daisy family), and blue (based on flower shape and since I can’t see the leaves) I’d guess a taller lobelia varietal (then campanula or blue star).

Reactions: Random Guy

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Inspired by a thread on another bb that's up to 16 pages... and it's STILL about nothing. THought I'd see whether we're capable of beating that record....

So I hope you can find something relevant to say... on this thread about nothing.
17 years later, that "other" bb thread looks like a bltch

Reactions: underdog

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
I’m unable to answer the question “what do people often get wrong about you?”
Are you able to?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I’m unable to answer the question “what do people often get wrong about you?”
Are you able to?
They think I'm weird.

Ok, I'm kinda weird.

But not as weird as they think.

They say things like, "I thought you were weird but you're okay."

Or they used to when I would be around people.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Water tank explosion in Lemoore today. 1.5m gallon tsunami. Not far from Slater Ranch.

"As a contractor started to weld, an explosion ensued"

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: npsp and Mr Doof

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
Water tank explosion in Lemoore today. 1.5m gallon tsunami. Not far from Slater Ranch.

"As a contractor started to weld, an explosion ensued"

Very sad and preventable event. The contractor doing the welding died and two City workers were injured. Probably due to poor tank venting and build up of gas in the head space of the tank. For a short while, I used to work for a company whose main service was maintenance contracts for ground and elevated water tanks. The first thing we did when we took over the maintenance of a tank was to install a power vent to make sure all gasses are constantly vented to the outside atmosphere to prevent this exact type of event.

Reactions: r32

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Very sad and preventable event. The contractor doing the welding died and two City workers were injured. Probably due to poor tank venting and build up of gas in the head space of the tank. For a short while, I used to work for a company whose main service was maintenance contracts for ground and elevated water tanks. The first thing we did when we took over the maintenance of a tank was to install a power vent to make sure all gasses are constantly vented to the outside atmosphere to prevent this exact type of event.
That was my first thought too is don't these big ass tanks have some kind of check valve at the top that auto releases gas once pressure reaches a certain level?