The never-ending thread about nothing.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
Damn I wish I was up in Washington or Noregon (north + oregon) today. Checked some cams and with the big heat bubble sitting over them, beaches look offshore and clean. Very little swell, but still dreamy looking out there.

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
"Nothing" never existed. Even before the big bang there was the potential for something. That potential ain't nothing.
To have potential, there has to be something. But what came before something?

Can something be created out of nothing? According to my ex gf, YES it definitely possible.

• Haha
Reactions: PPK96754

Aquaman2

Michael Peterson status
Apr 17, 2008
Socal
fineartamerica.com
To have potential, there has to be something. But what came before something?

Can something be created out of nothing? According to my ex gf, YES it definitely possible.
I don't think something can come from "nothing." We don't know anything about "nothing." That is absolutely nothing, and not even virtual particles. What may appear to be nothing (air), or what we think to be nothing (pre-big bang), is actually a something that we know nothing about.

Last edited:
Reactions: stringcheese

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Older friend from work who retired 5 years ago recently died (he was 85).

Memorial service for friends was held in the Presidio (Ventana Ballroom in the Golden Gate Club to be precise) and there were some good reminisces by friends and family.

Among the stories, I think the most interesting one was that after his policeman father was KIA, the family was pretty strapped for cash, a local madam helped pay for the education and feeding of the him and his younger brother. Apparently she told the mother that her husband was the most honest/fair/polite street cop that ever arrested her workers so it was only right to repay the good work.

PS,

Probably a more entertaining news item about the madam here (click me). Has pictures.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bartiparo