The Jordan Peterson Thread

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
This is a guy that says that *corporate HR departments are out to destroy capitalism.*

I'll type that again, just to make sure everyone sees this.

*corporate HR departments are out to destroy capitalism.*

Link? Something that has context would be good.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
I don't know where the hell any of this came from.
If you have another suggestion - I'm all ears and am awaiting it.

Don't make this a me vs you, douchbag. Thats not where this thread started.
It comes from, he is not respected by his peers, so he packages himself as alternative and goes to Youtube.

Another suggestion for what? What is your interest? Academic study is not about the researcher but about the work. You shouldn't ask for and wait for people to tell you what you should do, and then be angry.

Kids:violin:, weird generation.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
All of that is your opinion - and I will defend your right to it to the death. I believe the Bible as something other than you do - but I'm not going to shove it down your throat. That is a much larger conversation.

Re: teams, the point was that once people stop acknowledging that the individual's rights (i.e. my right to use whatever pronouns I want without threat of penalty of law, for example) outweigh the unhinged masses' absolute tyranny over the use of correct pronouns to address people - we have a real problem. I exist and so do you. Once I stop seeing you as an individual, I stop caring what happens to you - which effects everyone - quickly.

I'm not saying the the United States of America should dissolve because there is no power in the union nor that we shouldn't help each other survive in cold climates.
The WWII labor dynamic and GA Governor are matters of historical fact, not opinion.

Congress hasn't passed any laws regarding use of gender pronouns so you're good there. If Jordan Peterson's employer (in Canada, so not our problem) wants to fire him for not using what people think is their pronoun, killer. It'd happen to me in a fckgn heartbeat if it negatively affected employer revenue.

I can guarantee you if I referred to every Republican as "Trumptard" or every Christian as "Jesus Freak" or "Talking Snake Book Dude" instead of Jim, John, or Joe, they wouldn't appreciate it, even though it's scientifically accurate. If someone with a penis wants me to call them Caitlyn, she, or her, okay, simple request. I don't care. Even if it's scientifically inaccurate.

Pronouns are not a real problem. Not even remotely close to a real problem. Either way. I don't care if Ben Shapiro calls some dude who claims to be a trans women and prefers ma'am sir, and I'll call a paying customer or helpful customer service anything they want.

Reactions: mundus and Woke AF

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
The WWII labor dynamic and GA Governor are matters of historical fact, not opinion.

Congress hasn't passed any laws regarding use of gender pronouns so you're good there. If Jordan Peterson's employer (in Canada, so not our problem) wants to fire him for not using what people think is their pronoun, killer. It'd happen to me in a fckgn heartbeat if it negatively affected employer revenue.

I can guarantee you if I referred to every Republican as "Trumptard" or every Christian as "Jesus Freak" or "Talking Snake Book Dude" instead of Jim, John, or Joe, they wouldn't appreciate it, even though it's scientifically accurate. If someone with a penis wants me to call them Caitlyn, she, or her, okay, simple request. I don't care. Even if it's scientifically inaccurate.

Pronouns are not a real problem. Not even remotely close to a real problem. Either way. I don't care if Ben Shapiro calls some dude sir, and I'll call a paying customer or helpful customer service anything they want.
Fair. Pronouns were an example of the condition and not a be-all-end-all.
The enforced use of pronouns under threat of imprisonment is just the start of a very slippery slope.
Yes - Canada has been the only nation (stupipd enough) to pass a bill to that effect - but its not too far fetched to think it can't happen here.

You know the pronouns in question though, right?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point

Pronouns are not a real problem. Not even remotely close to a real problem. Either way. I don't care if Ben Shapiro calls some dude who claims to be a trans women and prefers ma'am sir, and I'll call a paying customer or helpful customer service anything they want.
I work with people who post their pronouns.

I want to post "Pronouns: I, me, my, mine."

I wonder if anyone would get the joke?

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
The enforced use of pronouns under threat of imprisonment is just the start of a very slippery slope.
Yes - Canada has been the only nation (stupipd enough) to pass a bill to that effect - but its not too far fetched to think it can't happen here.
How are you forced to use pronouns and who went to prison for it?

Please provide link, thanks.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Fair. Pronouns were an example of the condition and not a be-all-end-all.

1. The enforced use of pronouns under threat of imprisonment is just the start of a very slippery slope. Yes - Canada has been the only nation (stupipd enough) to pass a bill to that effect - but its not too far fetched to think it can't happen here.

2. You know the pronouns in question though, right?
1. I am not aware Canada did that. Looking at this Fox source, from 2018, it's "sh!t that never happened". It may have happened since, but that's not what I found in .02 seconds of googling. Since I don't care that much about Canada's pronoun laws, I'm just not motivated to do any more homework on it, but if you have something hard/fast, I'd check it out.

Regarding that happening here, I agree at some of the state legislature levels. Someone from a very left-wing zone introduces this to the State Assembly, 80% of the body rolls their eyes, and/or it gets BTFO and told to GTFO in court.

I just don't see how you can pass a law like this in this day and age in the US. Maybe in 100-150 years. Otherwise, you're never getting that through as an amendment (it sounds awfully incompatible with the first as it stands today), and the Courts (it was the uber-liberal 9th circuit that overturned CA's hi-cap mag ban) aren't going for it, for decades. Period.

2. No. I'd probably only use their first name and/or fckp constantly, although pronouns are normally when people aren't around. You know what happens if I serve sh!t on http instead of https? I get told to GTFO. I must adapt. CAPITALISM WILLS IT!

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Your immediate name calling is telling.
The guy makes a lot of sense and has a history that very much negates your claim.

This thread isn't a trap or a hook.
Its to open up real discussion.

Set your partisan self aside and listen.

His 12 rules for life:
  1. 1. "Stand up straight with your shoulders back"
  2. 2. "Treat yourself like you are someone you are responsible for helping"
  3. 3. "Make friends with people who want the best for you"
  4. 4. "Compare yourself with who you were yesterday, not with who someone else is today"
  5. 5. "Do not let your children do anything that makes you dislike them"
  6. 6. "Set your house in perfect order before you criticize the world"
  7. 7. "Pursue what is meaningful (not what is expedient)"
  8. 8. "Tell the truth — or, at least, don’t lie"
  9. 9. "Assume that the person you are listening to might know something you don’t"
  10. 10. "Be precise in your speech"
  11. 11. "Do not bother children when they are skateboarding"
  12. 12. "Pet a cat when you encounter one on the street"

Like Kento, I've never heard of Peterson. Reading these 12 rules up until the last two which are amusingly specific is like reading fortune cookies. I can't really criticize them. They're all pretty basic things that he can't really claim to own as some kind of guru to better living. Just like christians can't claim to own basic concepts of decency such as "love thy neighbor" and "though shall not kill".

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
I work with people who post their pronouns.

I want to post "Pronouns: I, me, my, mine."

I wonder if anyone would get the joke?
I'm going to put signs up with my pronouns. Mayport. Pier. Sebastian Inlet. Stuart. Palm Beach.

My preferred pronouns from biological males and women I don't want to have sex with are "Guy we're all giving the best left of each set to" and "Guy we're letting high-hole us the spot every mullet pod, shout for the bridge net if you're on the jetty."

My preferred pronoun from women I want to have sex with is "Guy who will have his brains f----d completely out due to my hotness and cowgirl twerking skills".

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Like Kento, I've never heard of Peterson.
If this search was worth a sh!t and half the old threads weren't nuked on account of crazy creeper-ness or GWS's feelz, I'd be bumping you clowning Kermit in an old thread right after I topped grapedrink (LOLOLOLOLOL!!!) 's posts in threads about Stephen Miller and about a dozen other people he's "never heard of".

• Haha
Reactions: the janitor

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
Like Kento, I've never heard of Peterson. Reading these 12 rules up until the last two which are amusingly specific is like reading fortune cookies. I can't really criticize them. They're all pretty basic things that he can't really claim to own as some kind of guru to better living. Just like christians can't claim to own basic concepts of decency such as "love thy neighbor" and "though shall not kill".
I think that may be the point though.
Its a lot simpler than we all make it out to be.
We love to make things complicated.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I think that may be the point though.
Its a lot simpler than we all make it out to be.
We love to make things complicated.

So why are we on page three of a thread discussing a guy who's basically repackaging and selling you fortune cookies without the cookie? Are you on a diet?

HatterasGlass

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2008
This is the first time I think I've heard of Jordan Peterson.

Does he also have trouble with the concept of wet ass pussy? We know Scott Peterson doesn't.
Great point, Kento.
Now this is why I started this thread.
Bravo.

• Haha
Reactions: Kento

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Not really, I just don't quite understand what were you expecting by posting a video of an intellectual who is solely known for his inflammatory and divisive rhetoric and far-right leanings?
BS. Right leaning, sure. Examples of JPs bigotry, inflammatory, and far-right leanings please. Refusing to play make believe in regards to pronouns does not count.

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
BS. Right leaning, sure. Examples of JPs bigotry, inflammatory, and far-right leanings please. Refusing to play make believe in regards to pronouns does not count.
Point-blank, a shitload of people disagree with a shitload of other people with respect to gender pronouns, trans people, and bigotry. But religious bigotry, when religion is at least as much a choice as gender identity, is totally considered a thing by a shitload of the subset who don't think the pronouns thing is an example of bigotry.

Purposely throwing out a sir/ma'am to troll someone is not impartial. At all.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
As for Jordan Peterson, the clinical psychologist with 3 million followers on YouTube, an "intelectual" who rants about the "Marxist lie" of white privilege and how millennials need to drop the idea of "social justice." His transphobic, sexist and racist rants, made him become a celebrity to (mostly) white and straight, right leaning men like him.
Cool copy and paste bro. Ranting about marxism and social justice is not racist in and of itself, unless the statements he makes are actually racist. What actually racist statements did he make?