Texas is fully open: no more mask mandate.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
I was thinking of a TV show called Vax hunters.

They chase down anti vaxxers and shoot them with vaccine darts.
I was thinking of one called Anti-Puritans where you just don't worry about others and what they do or believe

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
I was thinking of one called Anti-Puritans where you just don't worry about others and what they do or believe
Historically, individualistic societies generally do worse in pandemics than collective societies.

Maybe it's worth it?

We'll see.

I just get the sense that today's American rugged individual is independent until he or she needs help.

You get the best of both worlds?

Personally, I think you have to balance the needs of the individual with the needs of the society.

This is not easy.

I see a lot of people balking at making minor sacrifices.

Last edited:
Reactions: tacos and mundus

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
Historically, individualistic societies generally do worse in pandemics than collective societies.

Maybe it's worth it?

We'll see.

I just get the sense that today's American rugged individual is independent until he or she needs help.

You get the best of both worlds?

Personally, I think you have to balance the needs of the individual with the needs of the society.

This is not easy.

I see a lot of people balking at making minor sacrifices.
There's a lot more to the world than temporary pandemics

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
The problem with you saying members of this group always do that or members of that group always do this is that groups are made up of individuals and it just takes one to make you a liar.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
My sister (north of Dallas) just sent me an email:

1 turns out the pool suffered some freeze damage (didn't say what exactly broke, but parts are being shipped)
2 bunch of plants died
3 now working 20 hrs a week (wants to be back to full time) and selling plasma every two weeks for $80 (hubbie still works full time)
4 dogs and cat are doing great, birds didn't freeze
5 the hubbie has joined the work softball league, first game this weekend
6 both will wear mask until two weeks past their 2nd shot

Reactions: rice

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
That sentiment could be justification to not to anything.

Do you think the covid naysayers will have the same glib attitude if it mutates and starts killing kids?
There's one line of thought...a new theory....that those who got the mRNA medical procedure will now produce super strains that will not only threaten the vaccinated but be of bigger threat to the unvaccinated.....

Wouldn't that be ironic....the vaccinated become the super spreader grandma and her kids killer?

Keeping my ears and eyes open for more info on the subject...

Was it Stephen Hawking who said that mRNA vaccines will backfire on humanity?

Oh...and re Texas....B of A still requires masks in their Texas branches...search for a recent story involving the arrest of a lady trying to close her account....w/o a mask...

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
"Was it Stephen Hawking who said that mRNA vaccines will backfire on humanity?"

I don't know. Look it up.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
There's one line of thought...a new theory....that those who got the mRNA medical procedure will now produce super strains that will not only threaten the vaccinated but be of bigger threat to the unvaccinated.....

Wouldn't that be ironic....the vaccinated become the super spreader grandma and her kids killer?

Keeping my ears and eyes open for more info on the subject...

It's times like this, your shitty ethos undermines you ability to engage in any meaningful discourse.

That must be frusttrating for you?

Or maybe you like it?

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
I don't find any quote related to mRNA vaccines. I do find where he likes the possibility that editing human genes to make persons would create problems, all political, between the improved and the unimproved who wouldn't be able to compete. That sounds plausible. He doesn't like AI's possibilities either, saying someone will create AI that replicates itself and will outperform humans.

Who is telling you mRNA vaccines change human genes? All those vaccines are supposed to be doing is creating the spike protein, giving the immune system an image of the enemy. What do you know that we aren't being told? Also, is his big bang theory flat Earth friendly?