Texas is fully open: no more mask mandate.

test_article

Kelly Slater status
Sep 25, 2009
Body of Christ, Texas
Superceded by what events?

The vaccines have only been out for what....3-4 months max?

If there was concern of problems I'd imagine we'd need to assess them for much longer than that....including next fall and winter flu season.

The article also said it would take 12-18 months to develop a vaccine....yet they did it in about 6 months (from the article date) and got Emergency Approval from the FDA.....so I'd call that an experimental "vaccine"....especially since it's the first time using mRNA vaccines on people across such a grand scale.

...time will be the tell.
The vaccines are still in trials, but safety and efficacy trials are done. But yeah, nothing people create is subjected to exposure testing over the human lifecycle before it hits the markets. Those are health and hygiene concerns, not safety concerns. For instance, there are those cancers that don't appear until 25-30 years after the initial but ongoing chemical exposure. Add to that how long it takes to determine what's causing the cancers. Thousands of dead people later we can go after the Phillip Morrises, the Monsantos (Bayers) and the PG&Es. I don't know how that might translate to the microbial arena, but rest assured that the markets will not wait that long. That's just the way it is. How do you want to proceed? Why would you want to persuade others to proceed as you are?

Last edited:

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
So what's happening in Brazil can't happen here?

Isn't Bolsonaro pro open things up, don't vaccinate, don't wear a mask?

He's an anti masker's hero, right?

This is right out of the Jarod playbook

On Thursday, Economy Minister Paulo Guedes suggested that the private sector could help speed up immunizations by buying supplies and donating them to the government.

Reactions: plasticbertrand

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Last time I checked... schools, every other table at restaurants. Has that changed?
I guess it's totally worth culling a whole bunch of people to open every other table at the restaurant.

So much for "Lord Newsome shut down the economy".

Every other table = economy ? :unsure:

Reactions: afoaf

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I still like how Americans hoarded toilet paper as if that is going to do jack sh!t during a respiratory pandemic, the CDC marveled at our stupidity and selfishness, said masks don't do sh!t until people that actually desperately need them had enough, then said lol, jk, and people blame the CDC instead of the citizenry at large.

So much this.

Reactions: plasticbertrand