Tesla Truck - - - DONE !!

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Supposedly there’s language in the contract that paid Tesla upgrades which are software based are non-transferable. So if you sell the car any upgrades you purchased are wiped out and you can only sell the base package and the buyer has to buy the upgrades all over again
Other car manufacturers are moving in this direction, especially at the luxury end. Subscription based heated seats, for example.

It's BS. I will gladly pay for an upgrade or a premium product but don't ding me for it every month if there isn't a service component attached.

Reactions: Havoc and mundus

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
bet tesla hires this guy and his content disappears....quickest way to get rid of a threat like this

Reactions: Havoc

TeamScam

Miki Dora status
Jan 14, 2002
Mid-Atlantic
Never been a fan, but to develop a different way, do a new thing, all good so I wanted this to be maybe half of what everyone was expecting and hyping up. Cool!

I like being connected and using many of the modern comforts, smart tech okay, but when he said, to operate, a Tesla needs to talk to Tesla? Yeah, that's something I don't like at all.

It's not just them. For instance, a city-wide parking app with no cash option drives me crazy. You should not have to share data and use electronic funds to do almost anything, if you don't want to.

. In that case, it's a great convenience to use a card most of the time, all the time, until you can't or don't want to.

Ganja kicks in...

I could circle back and talk about the farmers working on their own tractors.

Or how we idolize these super rich guys, and the super super successful stars of our time. There are some really smart or talented people with great things to share, but in most cases, they've already shared it.

Taylor Swift, I'm looking at you(but only because you're still more delectable than the Patagonia guy).

I like it when they go "fu(k you."

We can do it too

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
Supposedly there’s language in the contract that paid Tesla upgrades which are software based are non-transferable. So if you sell the car any upgrades you purchased are wiped out and you can only sell the base package and the buyer has to buy the upgrades all over again
Dang. Like a parking meter that resets every time a person vacates the spot. Remaining time doesn't transfer to the next person.

Will there be snacks

Miki Dora status
Mar 18, 2011
Hotel Coral Essex
Other car manufacturers are moving in this direction, especially at the luxury end. Subscription based heated seats, for example.

It's BS. I will gladly pay for an upgrade or a premium product but don't ding me for it every month if there isn't a service component attached.
Hate how everything is going subscription based. Overheard some one at work saying they called a HVAC guy from a large company to fix an issue at their house and the repairman gave a real hard sell on a maintenance subscription. Pushing it so hard :dancing:he was certain there must be a nice bonus for each subscription they set up.

I guess the gloves are off. Everyone trying to wring every last dollar they can out of every one else.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Hate how everything is going subscription based. Overheard some one at work saying they called a HVAC guy from a large company to fix an issue at their house and the repairman gave a real hard sell on a maintenance subscription. Pushing it so hard :)dancing:) he was certain there must be a nice bonus for each subscription they set up.

I guess the gloves are off. Everyone trying to wring every last dollar they can out every one else.:dancing:
You cannot even buy a cup of coffee without downloading an APP.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I want one just to **** people off. Probably be a multi million dollar collectable in 60 years.

Of course in 60 years a couple of million dollars will probably buy you dinner at a nice restaurant.

Kento

Duke status
Jan 11, 2002
The Bar
I want one just to **** people off. Probably be a multi million dollar collectable in 60 years.

Of course in 60 years a couple of million dollars will probably buy you dinner at a nice restaurant.
I'd like to see one with hydraulics.