Tesla Truck - - - DONE !!

crustBrother

Kelly Slater status
Apr 23, 2001
Still not as cool as the Landmaster!

View attachment 166681

Only problem with driving it in California is that I had to compromise with the DMV and take off the factory equipped rockets...lousy no good nanny-state!

View attachment 166682
arc II++

looking forward to watching this! thanks for the tip, @Mr Doof !

Last edited:

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
I think I would rather watch Idaho Transfer before I watch Damnation Alley again.

Or maybe Bye Bye Monkey....no, wait, what am I saying, once was plenty.

Bye Bye Monkey (Italian: Ciao maschio, French: Rêve de singe) is a 1978 Italian-French comedy-drama film, directed by Marco Ferreri and starring Gérard Depardieu, Marcello Mastroianni, James Coco, Gail Lawrence and Geraldine Fitzgerald.[1] It is about a man who finds a baby chimpanzee in a giant King Kong prop and decides to raise it like a son. It was filmed in English and shot in Long Island, New York. As this was a French-Italian co-production, French and Italian dubbed versions were made for their respective countries' theatrical releases.
Plot[edit]
The film is set in a darkly surreal and dystopian version of New York City, that is mostly devoid of humans and populated only by rats and a few eccentrics. Lafayette is a young French electrician, living on his own in a basement. He works for Andreas Flaxman, the cynical owner of a waxwork museum. The museum is dedicated to recreating scenes from the Roman Empire. He works alongside his friend the sculptor Luigi Nocello. Nocello maintains the varied and often macabre wax displays, such as the Crucifixion of Jesus and the Assassination of Julius Caesar, which fill the museum.
Lafayette also works as a lighting technician for a feminist theatre group. After rehearsal one day, the women in the group discuss their next project and decide to improvise a piece about rape for their next production, contending that women are just as capable of violence as men are; in the middle of their discussion, they knock Lafayette unconscious with a bottle of Coca-Cola, pin him down, and the attractive Angelica volunteers to rape Lafayette.
Beside the Hudson River, amidst a construction site of Battery Park City, Lafayette meets Luigi and a band of eccentrics. The group finds an abandoned baby chimpanzee in the palm of a giant King Kong sculpture. Lafayette decides to adopt the chimpanzee. When he brings the chimp with him to the museum, Flaxman warns him that the chimp will rob him of his freedom, if he does not get rid of it.
Flaxman is approached by the mysterious Paul Jefferson of the State Foundation for Psychological Research. He convinces the initially resistant Flaxman to transform the face of the sculpture Julius Caesar into the face of John F. Kennedy.
Angelica, who has become enamored with Lafayette, moves into his sordid flat and shares in the care of the infant chimp. However, when Lafayette does not respond to the news that she is pregnant, she moves out. Alone again, he returns one day to find his baby ape eaten by rats. In total despair and needing human contact, he breaks into the waxwork museum but is met with hostility by the owner. The two fight and a fire, presumably caused by faulty wiring, consumes them both. Later, we see Angelica on the shore. She plays happily with her child.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I don't know if it's true, but I heard on some YouTube video yesterday that they think the thing is actually going to go for a hundred grand.

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
I don't know if it's true, but I heard on some YouTube video yesterday that they think the thing is actually going to go for a hundred grand.
Yeah apparently all of elons promises about both cost and range were wildly off. It costs almost twice as much and has half the range. Spec wise the rivian which also isn’t cheap supposedly shits all over it.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
They did show footage of a couple of people swinging a sledgehammer into the door. Hard. Pretty much no damage. I hate people who fling their doors into your car. Passive defense is OK I suppose but I would prefer a side mounted flame thrower.

Reactions: Havoc

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
They did show footage of a couple of people swinging a sledgehammer into the door. Hard. Pretty much no damage. I hate people who fling their doors into your car. Passive defense is OK I suppose but I would prefer a side mounted flame thrower.
If it went full spy hunter with the smoke screen and oil slick I’d be in.

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Yeah apparently all of elons promises about both cost and range were wildly off. It costs almost twice as much and has half the range. Spec wise the rivian which also isn’t cheap supposedly shits all over it.
Rivian vs Tesla = Apple vs Microsoft = iPod vs Zune

Hopefully with the same outcome.

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Par for the course for super grifter Elon. Tesla's have shitty build quality, terrible depreciation, horrible and expensive service.

Reactions: john4surf

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Par for the course for super grifter Elon. Tesla's have shitty build quality, terrible depreciation, horrible and expensive service.
And all kinda shitty things in their contracts limiting resale.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
And all kinda shitty things in their contracts limiting resale.
Yeah, I believe that was canceled.

"With Tesla's first Cybertruck deliveries expected later this month, a now-deleted update to the electric carmaker's terms of service said the firm could sue customers for $50,000 or more if they resell during the first year of ownership without first getting written permission from Tesla. The provision seemed designed to deter scalping for a car expected to be available only in limited quantities after CEO Elon Musk's statement that Tesla "dug our own grave with the Cybertruck."

But the clause was deleted from Tesla's terms just days after people noticed its appearance. It was still in the Tesla Motor Vehicle Order Agreement Terms & Conditions earlier today, but was removed from the document while we worked on this article. The document still has a more general rule against quick resales but without the lawsuit threat."

I know a number of people that are pretty happy with their Teslas.

I know nothing about resale. But if you want shitty resale, buy a Maserati. Holy crap. Drive that POS off the lot and it's almost totaled.

Reactions: Havoc

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Yeah, I believe that was only first year on the cyber truck.

I know a number of people that are pretty happy with their Teslas.

I know nothing about resale. But if you want shitty resale, buy a Maserati. Holy crap. Drive that POS off the lot and it's almost totaled.
Supposedly there’s language in the contract that paid Tesla upgrades which are software based are non-transferable. So if you sell the car any upgrades you purchased are wiped out and you can only sell the base package and the buyer has to buy the upgrades all over again