Tens of thousands of opioid overdose deaths per year. BAN VAPES!

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
And thanks. It sucks, but he's had a great life. He surfed his last wave when he was in his late 70's. In his 80's he skied me into the ground one year at Lake Tahoe. Black diamond runs. I had to tell him I couldn't take anymore. He had a stroke and that robbed him of a lot. He still knows who I am but he doesn't remember much else. He's still happy and so far the pain is manageable. He did well financially so I have him at his home with round the clock care. It's fvcked with my head no doubt. He's dealing with it better than I am. :giggle: None of us get out alive. The last thing on my bucket list is to die well. I don't know if I have what that takes.
Damn, dude. Sorry you’re going through this but bravo to dad for charging all the way through life.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
There is not a better pain reliever than an opiate.
That could be a song.

Opiates are great for other syndromes and diseases too.

It' hurts me to see opiates name dragged through the mud.

Opiate addicts do best when the get their shot at the drs in the morning and a shot after work at 5.

They don't die.

When you isolate the addict and criminalize the addiction and make the addict get the drug on the black market he dies.

DUH!

I think it's funny that they say drs over prescribe.

When I rarely I go in to the drs with acute blunt trauma and infections, and major surgery (maybe once every 2 years) they say, Take Tylenol.

Last edited:

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Again, what do you recommend for treatment and management of chronic debilitating pain that is not related to cancer/end of life pain?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
My parents died suddenly within a two week period, (one with cancer the other suicide).

That changed me for life.

But having your parents live for a long time with health issues is its own kind of hell.

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
For some reason, Tylenol worked better after my ear surgery than hydrocodone.

Pretty much the most pain I've been in my life.

Still not over. :/

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Looks like Hal has moved on to the best Black Sabbath album. You done here Hal?

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Gabapentin, tricyclics, ibuprofen...
Yeah, I just got gabapentin for shingles. That was after I was told total ibuprofen and zorvarax.

When I went in the first time, I felt terrible and they told me to take ibuprofen. So I trusted the Dr. But she was wrong.

Because that was before the real fun started. I had fever, joint and nerve pain and sores. I have a pain tolerance. This was terrible.

Then I called and asked for something for pain.

They me the gabapetin.

Norcos would have been better.

I'm 58 years old and don't have a history of opiate abuse.

I know my self and.I don't have the stamina or robustness to be addicted to chemicals.

I like them but I can't take for more than a couple of days before my body says no more.

The drs have gone full retard. I have no. faith in their ability to administer pain meds. It's all corporate politics now.

My friends wife is an opiate addict and she figures out a way to get them even now. That is probably the sign of addiction.

Last edited:

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
So much knowledge in this thread.(y)

Who knew we had so many pain management MDs (and/or DOs!) on the forum???:geek:

I'll be taking a printout of this thread to my next appmt.:shaka:

• Haha
Reactions: Ifallalot

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
50 years ago it was barbiturates. The medical answer was “sleep it off”.

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
Thanks. Your probably the only one that read that before I deleted it. Fortunately everyone is on the penis thread

Reactions: Ifallalot