Tens of thousands of opioid overdose deaths per year. BAN VAPES!

FecalFace

Duke status
Nov 21, 2008
The Californias
I like the opiates because they allow me to stay immobile when I'm in acute pain and need to be still.
I ain't gonna lie, Oxy felt amazing while I was at the hospital.

I don't know whether they punctured my ear drum while drilling my skull but I've been in non stop pain for three weeks now and tinitus is driving me insane.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Again, what do you recommend for treatment and management of chronic debilitating pain that is not related to cancer/end of life pain?
Said dead Uncle Reg*, "Medical pot did nothing for my bone cancer pain, but Oxy isn't as fun."

PS
He tried some henbane and said that sort of worked but admitted he could have been just too high to really know what drug was doing what.

PPS
RIP Uncle Reg.

* - Uncle Reg was not my uncle, but a very good friend's uncle, so I just called him that the last time I saw him.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
Said dead Uncle Reg*, "Medical pot did nothing for my bone cancer pain, but Oxy isn't as fun."

PS
He tried some henbane and said that sort of worked but admitted he could have been just too high to really know what drug was doing what.

PPS
RIP Uncle Reg.

* - Uncle Reg was not my uncle, but a very good friend's uncle, so I just called him that the last time I saw him.
Thanks Mr. Doof.

The original question was directed at the poster formally known as “El Doc” (before he was known as “12Rules”, “OneWhoKnows” and “Kid Fury”). He’s represented himself as a medical professional. I’m surprised that he can’t/won’t answer the question.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
There's tons of work being done in this area, but there doesn't seem to be a real consensus on the effectiveness of opioids in chronic non-cancer pain management.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
I read the second link. It appears that their conclusion is that opioids have more effect than a placebo for non cancer related pain.

What it doesn’t conclude is what works better than a placebo without the side effects of opioids.

hal9000

Duke status
Jan 30, 2016
Urbana, Illinois
I read the second link. It appears that their conclusion is that opioids have more effect than a placebo for non cancer related pain.

What it doesn’t conclude is what works better than a placebo without the side effects of opioids.

Yeah that was odd.

ElOgro

Duke status
Dec 3, 2010
If I’d read the other links you posted would I have gotten anything more out of them or was your post just more rectal emission?