teeroi shots

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
I missed this thread until today- since I never venture off the design forum. But damn, it's pretty cool to have photos of yourself surfing. Rippin @teeroi ! Glad you're back posting parking lot / lineup tales
Thanks. Yeah I saw Neal right after he started this thread and told him it would be rude not to respond and thank him. Was trying to limit my social media activity but an ex gf followed me on IG and that broke the embargo. Part of me thinks it’s IG AI f*cking with me. Then I remind myself I’m not that important. Haha.

Gonna try to keep my posts humorous and very much about surfing.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Mahalo Neal. I’m laughing cause Neal jumped out of the water to take this pic and my leash is caught between my toes. Didn’t want to bend down and unwrap it and chance running Neal over. That day was one of the smallest days I surfed this summer. Haha

0AFFC856-1C29-4008-95E4-637B23357B66.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: sponge

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Mahalo Neal. I’m laughing cause Neal jumped out of the water to take this pic and my leash is caught between my toes. Didn’t want to bend down and unwrap it and chance running Neal over. That day was one of the smallest days I surfed this summer. Haha

View attachment 114701
That's funny! It was pretty small that day. Tomorrow (8/17/21) should have for Ben Aipa's paddleout.

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Yeah Neal always good seeing you. Saw you chasing the dolphin pod. Thanks for the shots. Looks like I gotta wash the surf wax off my shorts. Haha

Reactions: sponge

teeroi

Miki Dora status
Oct 21, 2007
eastside oahu
Wow thanks Neal. Always good seeing you. Remember anytime you want to paddle out for a surf the dawn patrol owes you lots of sets. I’ll block Gregg for you all morning.

I have to admit I was keeping track of where Neal was at. Gregg does too, that’s why he gets good pics. I had a vert hit on a couple of waves before but it was past where Neal was shooting. I had to go in for work so I told myself get a set, bottom turn, and if Neal is close smash it. Neal pops out of the water on some shots like he did on this one. First few times he did that to me over the years was unexpected and I even jumped off on one. But it creates an interesting perspective like the pics he shoots from the barrel behind the surfer. Mahalo again Neal.

sponge

Tom Curren status
Feb 10, 2002
Honolulu, HI, USA
Visit site
Wow thanks Neal. Always good seeing you. Remember anytime you want to paddle out for a surf the dawn patrol owes you lots of sets. I’ll block Gregg for you all morning.

I have to admit I was keeping track of where Neal was at. Gregg does too, that’s why he gets good pics. I had a vert hit on a couple of waves before but it was past where Neal was shooting. I had to go in for work so I told myself get a set, bottom turn, and if Neal is close smash it. Neal pops out of the water on some shots like he did on this one. First few times he did that to me over the years was unexpected and I even jumped off on one. But it creates an interesting perspective like the pics he shoots from the barrel behind the surfer. Mahalo again Neal.
One of these days I'm coming out on my bodyboard again. I still have to earn my waves though. Shame bumbuy.

Good that you guys are aware of where I am. The lineup seems much more comfortable cozying up to me and my lens. Last summer there were a lot of people who were quite uncomfortable. North Shore side most people used to more.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm sitting in the right place. The pocket shifts quite a bit depending on swell angle and size. And shooting into the sun can be frustrating at times. Gotta keep learning. Appreciate you guys embracing me a bit more.

Last edited: