Surfboard Storage

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
no bungees? freaking amateur
Y, do u live on a fault? no bungee no problem 4 me.

Whats the deal with nose down or tail down? Is it a kook move to do tail down? Should I panic and rearrange asap.. Tail up does show off the leash string setup...
nose down allows a lean towards the wall. tail down squash and swallow tails balance weird, imo.

ive also repaired enough swallow tips to not rest boards on them anymore.

Jan 13, 2021
I finally sorta finished the shed. The t-rails worked really well, and probably ended up being necessary, given the 3-ft depth.

View attachment 136428
Here's the pretty-much-finished-but-never-really-finished shed: A few pics of the shed

over-engineered stuff of note:
  1. * Adjustable dividers on t-rail system
  2. * Flex-sealed floor
  3. * Solar-powered light
Embarrassing stuff of note:
  • * The framing
  • * The amount of design that went into it fitting under the roof facade while still being removable without complete disassembly
  • * The fact that it might weigh around a half metric ton.
  • * Probably the roof, depending on whether it works once it rains again.
Do the T-nuts lock into a specific place on the T-Rails ?

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Do the T-nuts lock into a specific place on the T-Rails ?
No - the T-nuts are nuts. the t-bolts screw into the nuts, and the rail is between the two. as you tighten them together (by twisting the dowel), the dowel becomes securely fastened to wherever it is on the t-rail.

Mar 13, 2019
I've been using a modified lumber rack to store the longboards, my kid's foamie, and my friend's orange board. I used 1x1 hardwood extensions to make it wide enough and wrapped it in pipe insulation. A set screw at the bottom keeps the wood from sliding out. All in, it cost me around $50 six years ago but I think costs have gone up a bit since then. Still, pretty solid and economical.

My shortboard rack is just some old 2x4's mounted to the wall. It ain't pretty but it works just fine. Easily less than $10. My biggest mistake there was thinking that 6 slots would be enough when I first made it. :foreheadslap:

IMG_9432.JPG
IMG_9433.JPG
IMG_9434.JPG
IMG_9435.JPG

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Anyone have an easy ceiling storage fix that is slightly more dignified than a pair of looped ropes?