Surfboard Storage

tenover

Kelly Slater status
Jan 17, 2003
Point Loma, CA
My house was built in 1927. The garage is TINY. I might be able to fit the Jeep Wrangler in there, but I wouldn't be able to open the doors, and that's if I had nothing else in the "garage".

Reactions: MathDebater
Jun 16, 2022
LA County Wildlands
I attempted to order a set of vertical racks for a pintail shortboard from Storeyourboard.com, and they sent me some older model with different serial numbers and way too small to work. When I contacted their "customer service" person, Kristen, she tried to look into it and concluded that their website information as to the specific component size was wrong. Complete BS. Their website photos correspond to the dimensions and not the tiny thing they sent from another supplier. I wouldn't bother with this company. They refuse to provide phone numbers and the chat person doesn't know which end of a surfboard is which.

• Angry
Reactions: Havoc

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I want to come up with something attached to the outside of the house or up against the neighbor's 6-foot high fence that I can lock boards inside. No garage and the shed is full of bicycles and yard tools.
currently in the housing market. even aiming for a garage....going to have to do exactly what you are htinking. paddlebaords and surfbaords need their own space away from hateful and jealous monthly leaking types. im triple locking mine so she wont know what's in there.

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
^^ once you establish a man cave, the better half will devise a scheme to rid you of it once brought to suitable standards of inhabitance

best to always plan 2 man caves in advance.

:roflmao:

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Just built a board storage shed... I think I'm going to use T rails, t bolts, and put 1/4-20 t-nuts on the ends of dowels to make a sliding rail system. Those board grip things have me the idea, but I didnt really like the weird rubber nub design...

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
I finally sorta finished the shed. The t-rails worked really well, and probably ended up being necessary, given the 3-ft depth.

1661137147734.png
Here's the pretty-much-finished-but-never-really-finished shed: A few pics of the shed

over-engineered stuff of note:
  1. * Adjustable dividers on t-rail system
  2. * Flex-sealed floor
  3. * Solar-powered light
Embarrassing stuff of note:
  • * The framing
  • * The amount of design that went into it fitting under the roof facade while still being removable without complete disassembly
  • * The fact that it might weigh around a half metric ton.
  • * Probably the roof, depending on whether it works once it rains again.

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
I finally sorta finished the shed. The t-rails worked really well, and probably ended up being necessary, given the 3-ft depth.

View attachment 136428
Here's the pretty-much-finished-but-never-really-finished shed: A few pics of the shed

2. * Flex-sealed floor
  3. * Solar-powered light
  • * The framing
  • * The amount of design that went into it fitting under the roof facade while still being removable without complete disassembly
this is horrible yet awesome. at some point...ill hopefully have to construct something liek this for paddlebaords and boards

Reactions: SixtyGrit

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW

View attachment 136428

2. * Flex-sealed floor
  3. * Solar-powered light
  • * The framing
i like all the pouched fins doing the double door dangle.

mine are all in a huge tote and it's not the hot setup.

Reactions: SixtyGrit