Surfboard Storage

oneula

Miki Dora status
Jun 3, 2004
all my good/new ones I keep in a 10'x10' storage facility that's air conditioned and UV free. The room was for other stuff but I rangled a dozen boards in there.
Rolling wooden vertical racks (dozen) for my shorties (under 7'6") and PVC horizontal racks for the funboards and longboards at home but they are all exposed to the elements.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
Leaning against the wall in a corner in the spare bedroom/office.

I have a log in the garage at my mom's

• Wow
Reactions: Havoc

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
horizontal wall rack to save floor space in the garage, got it with mounting hardware for like $30 off Craigslist. Thought it would force me to stay accountable bc it only holds 4 boards but nahhhh. few others in board bags leaning against the wall

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
got a vertical wooden stand off amazon for pretty cheap = just a 2x4 and wooden dowels like in a shop and its at the end of a hallway in the entrance to my tiny ass apartment. Holds four boards technically but I have 6 in there now because some of em dont have fin's in em so you could double up. There are 3 more boards not in the rotation stashed under my bed my bed and I have a long board thats propped up against a wall.The rest of my boards are in my parents garage in OC but they're mostly just redundant or trashed and they've been begging me to get rid of them for years. Def not ideal, but it works for now.

Reactions: Havoc

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
got a vertical wooden stand off amazon for pretty cheap = just a 2x4 and wooden dowels like in a shop and its at the end of a hallway in the entrance to my tiny ass apartment. Holds four boards technically but I have 6 in there now because some of em dont have fin's in em so you could double up. There are 3 more boards not in the rotation stashed under my bed my bed and I have a long board thats propped up against a wall.The rest of my boards are in my parents garage in OC but they're mostly just redundant or trashed and they've been begging me to get rid of them for years. Def not ideal, but it works for now.
Everytime you have to maneuver around a boar in the house, put a dollar in the cookie jar. Sell the oldies, take cookie jar to shaper, get new stick.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Everytime you have to maneuver around a boar in the house, put a dollar in the cookie jar. Sell the oldies, take cookie jar to shaper, get new stick.
:cool::shaka:

Thats a great idea. Ive never sold boards just cause I figured it wasnt worth the trouble for a 100 bucks because my boards that I frequent get trashed after a 2 years or so. I should start though - I'm surprised my parents havent just thrown em out tbh.

Reactions: MathDebater

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Have had T-Rax horizontally mounted on the wall in my garage for a while now, no issues, but to get to the top need a step ladder.

Just got this yesterday haven't opened the box yet, need to create some space to install, $55 seems like it will work fine, I'm sure you can make it yourself for cheaper, but tools and some skills.

but I do dream about a board shed in the backyard: boards, couch, TV with surf vids playing, kegerator.

1594203669048.png

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Have had T-Rax horizontally mounted on the wall in my garage for a while now, no issues, but to get to the top need a step ladder.

Just got this yesterday haven't opened the box yet, need to create some space to install, $55 seems like it will work fine, I'm sure you can make it yourself for cheaper, but tools and some skills.

but I do dream about a board shed in the backyard: boards, couch, TV with surf vids playing, kegerator.

View attachment 94108
thats the same thing im using im pretty sure.

https://www.quivergrip.com/

I got 4 sets of these in their initial crowd funding pretty cheap. It holds 12 boards and 2 years later the clamps still work fine. Looks like they upgraded the claps since the original ones I got
those things look pretty cool especially as you can just do a single one. does the clamp hold up after time, like the resistance stays clampy?

Reactions: paunch23

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
7 x rack 2x4 with pvc DIY vertical inside 4'x8' storage shed outside with 2 fans: solar roof fan blowing fresh air in and whirly bird roof fan blowing air out

Reactions: Havoc and TheEl