Sunset Guns

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Baby swallow tails on guns :love:. Want to try.
I had a 7'1" semi gun 5 fin Malcom Campbell bonzer swallow I traded for 6'7" MBM from sh sh sh. Thing rode great I no longer needed a semi gun nor needed the MBM. Last I heard board was on Mauii with dude with white van who foils and takes gopro shots.

Oct 15, 2019
Hey guys,

I have a 7'4 gun like thing that Keone Downing shaped for me a couple years ago, rounded pin tail but little wider nose. It goes bananas all over the north shore. My first day out on it was at 5-6 foot sunset, little bit thicker in the rails but the extra float was essential to compete with all the guns. Its perfect for me at 6'2 175 for sunset, the boil, some spots over on the mokuleia side, and a certain, mountainous, left that breaks outside of laniakea.

Not sure if i fully understand why that guy was eggy about measuring backs versus faces, sounds like hes bummed after hearing that "15 foot OB bomb" referred to as 6 foot

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
My few times surfing Sunset I was on a narrow 7'2" Merrick gun, it did me no favors. Always go with length and volume IMHO

Reactions: rowjimmytour