Sunset Guns

JKH

Jan 27, 2020
Speaking of sunset guns, what happened to Lyle Carlson? Website down for maintenance, instagram account gone..?
Lyle is around, texted him last week. He was in a car accident but came out with no serious injuries. I don’t speak for him in any way, but I guess just give him some time if you are trying to track him down.

And yea, Pat and Owl are go to guys In addition to Lyle..

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
Lyle is around, texted him last week. He was in a car accident but came out with no serious injuries. I don’t speak for him in any way, but I guess just give him some time if you are trying to track him down.

And yea, Pat and Owl are go to guys In addition to Lyle..
Get well, Lyle!

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Wow. Way to derail an otherwise interesting thread by arguing about size. Can we get back on the subject of Sunset and surfboards?
Really are you that off ?

You wondered why he's disappeared , and I gave you a possible answer.

This Errb or something has downgraded your thought process .

Lyle does whatever he wants and that may be why he fades in and out of board buiding .

No mystery

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Greg - I was not referring to your update on Lyle Carlson but the wave size debate. Carry on re: Lyle. Would love to hear about how he or you shape boards for Sunset. And yes, the Errb has messed me up.

Last edited:

griffinsurfboard

Duke status
Oct 31, 2004
Palm Coast , Florida
Visit site
Greg - I was not referring to your update on Lyle Carlson but the wave size debate. Carry on re: Lyle. Would love to hear about how he or you shape boards for Sunset. And yes, the Errb has messed me up.
My apologies , your response was right after my update from a while back :)

I should check in with Lyle

This is a 8'4" x 20" x 3 1/4"

IMG_4931.jpeg

Last edited:

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
My apologies , your response was right after my update from a while back :)

I should check in with Lyle

This is a 8'4" x 20" x 3 1/4"

View attachment 99492
That'll grab you a big west peak from way outside!

Rode a longboard Friday afternoon at Sunset, no leash, there were a couple legit 6 footers, super fun, great direction, barely any wind. I got cleaned up at one point and had to swim in to Vals to retrieve my board (lucky) but I managed to get back out there and grab a set. Biggest wave I've ever ridden on a longboard!