Stringcheese is going to san deigo

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
in the past twenty years, San Luis Obispo has been the p4p world champion of fine 20-30something year old women. Not as many as some much bigger places, but by percentage there is still nowhere better. The Demetrius Johnson of cute white ladies.
I've never been to SLO but I doubt Cal Poly is the p4p champ. Sounds too academically competitive. My personal experience nominees would be Northeast Orlando (UCF) and Tallahassee (FSU). Sight unseen I would expect LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and the Arizona schools to be holding. I just don't know if a place like Baton Rouge has enough crack traps to weigh down the average, or if Norman is mostly plains-state suburban livestock, etc.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
I've never been to SLO but I doubt Cal Poly is the p4p champ. Sounds too academically competitive. My personal experience nominees would be Northeast Orlando (UCF) and Tallahassee (FSU). Sight unseen I would expect LSU, Georgia, Tennessee, Oklahoma, and the Arizona schools to be holding. I just don't know if a place like Baton Rouge has enough crack traps to weigh down the average, or if Norman is mostly plains-state suburban livestock, etc.
Agreed. There is also 30-50% more men than women in the mid 20s to 30s demographic in the city of SLO. It's brotard central, with more techie, trust fund and influencer types as of late.

The female student contingent is certainly impressive, however that is also the case in lots of other places such as those that you mentioned. The difference is that in some places it's easier to show skin most of the year than not, which makes them harder to notice in colder areas. On the flip side, the warm weather probably attracts more hotties.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Did you sleep at all during this adventure?
Watch says I got a little over 4 hours last night, same the night before. Not enough hours in a day...all good though. For not having drank any alcohol at all since January, and not being in my 20s, expected to be hung over. Drank a bunch of water and Gatorade before bed and when I woke up, I feel fine. The only part I'm dreading is the 40fvcking5. Considering finding a job down here and just moving on with life so I don't have to hit that traffic. There are a lot of restaurants :unsure:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
GBG - - Geo Pac meet up today in La Jolla - think Casa is going as well
I want to go, but I have to get back home and get my shlt together for working ~14 hours tomorrow. Or, like I said, just give up on that shlt and start again here right now. Single life! :LOL:

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I haven't been farther east than Vegas, and that was one time 17 years ago for two days, what do I know. SLO does have perfect weather all year though, so the yoga pants and booty shorts are all the time attire, plus a large percentage of the active population is college girls.

• Wow
Reactions: LifeOnMars

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Better off waiting til 7 pm now.
Makes sense. I should know better than to rush, or force things. Had a 1000% better time at the midway, art museum, and botanical garden(fleet science was closed extra early) than I did "going out" downtown. Making my way back late but happy is better than being in traffic when that storm hit and leaving on a weird note.
Pictures from the botanical building

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
What time did you leave SD and how long did it take you to get home?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
What time did you leave SD and how long did it take you to get home?
Finally got my self out of the botanical garden at 6:30ish. I was so happy in there that my breathing slowed and I felt totally at ease with everything, and ok ending the trip. Stopped for a burrito and gas in Hillcrest, was home before midnight. The whole trip back took about as much time as the 405 on the way there.
Stupid 405...been under construction my entire adult life and no progress has been made. The crew that draws the lane lines must be required to maintain a .25bac. Next time I'm going the other way around LA.

Probably could have come out to hang out for a bit, but likely would have been having a good time and stayed in a hotel again and missed work today, which would have about doubled my trip cost. Next time!

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Ever thought of taking the train, with all that walking? I do that and either walk or rent a cheap car. Bring a book or laptop to watch flicks.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Ever thought of taking the train, with all that walking? I do that and either walk or rent a cheap car. Bring a book or laptop to watch flicks.
Train would be fun, not sure how moving surfboards is on a train. That might also require a level of planning that I'm not used to, though. Similar to my recent drive to San Francisco, I didn't "decide" where I was going until I was already on the way there. Being in my car, I'm free to do whatever I want when it feels right, or not when it doesn't.

On the subject of driving...what's the deal with this toll road thing? It was either the 73 north, or 405 north, I can't remember...but signs saying go to some website, pay within 5 days...traffic was fast and weaving, full on no rules apply, and I couldn't be paying attention to that shlt while I was trying to stay alive on the messed up road with its six crooked, barely visible, lanes. Now that I'm home and trying to deal with it, there are several apps, websites, etc offering passes and memberships and...wtf?! How do I take care of this?

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Train would be fun, not sure how moving surfboards is on a train. That might also require a level of planning that I'm not used to, though. Similar to my recent drive to San Francisco, I didn't "decide" where I was going until I was already on the way there. Being in my car, I'm free to do whatever I want when it feels right, or not when it doesn't.

On the subject of driving...what's the deal with this toll road thing? It was either the 73 north, or 405 north, I can't remember...but signs saying go to some website, pay within 5 days...traffic was fast and weaving, full on no rules apply, and I couldn't be paying attention to that shlt while I was trying to stay alive on the messed up road with its six crooked, barely visible, lanes. Now that I'm home and trying to deal with it, there are several apps, websites, etc offering passes and memberships and...wtf?! How do I take care of this?
And you're right, people drive like maniacs on that toll road :drowning:

Reactions: stringcheese