Stringcheese is going to san deigo

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I want new towels, but I don't want to have that on my mind, so I'm putting the "don't disturb" sign on the door, and just asking for more towels when I get back tonight.
my move is always put up the DND and then raid the maid carts for what you actually need. they’ll happily skip your room and hand you anytbing you want from their carts.

For real though, fit string stringcheese's tinder game is strong right now.
All the incoming freshman at UCSD are in your favor. Most haven’t event spent a full weekend away from mom and dad yet.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
I think you fools are making him self conscious, he's not gonna hit me up while I'm down here probably :LOL: because you know we never let a joke go here, I just made another brukuns flower joke in this thread while stuck in traffic and didn't even think twice!

For real though, fit string stringcheese's tinder game is strong right now. I wouldn't have thought of it if not for Quadfin making the dating game post! Where were you when I was in San Francisco bro!? I thought we were supposed to be a team! I don't need those smelly nor cal hippy girls anyways, San Diego is SLO level hotties, but sooo many more...
SLO level hotties :shrug: things must've changed in SLO because mid 80z early 90z only horse faced chicks went to CA Poly some with good decent bodies but always daughter of Mr Ed:bricks: Speaking of SLO been a while post covid but was wondering if Pismo McLintocks was doing good?

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
my move is always put up the DND and then raid the maid carts for what you actually need. they’ll happily skip your room and hand you anytbing you want from their carts.

All the incoming freshman at UCSD are in your favor. Most haven’t event spent a full weekend away from mom and dad yet.
Pro tips! You've been hooking up the good info dude, I owe you a beer at very least.

Reactions: sdsrfr

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
SLO level hotties :shrug: things must've changed in SLO because mid 80z early 90z only horse faced chicks went to CA Poly some with good decent bodies but always daughter of Mr Ed:bricks: Speaking of SLO been a while post covid but was wondering if Pismo McLintocks was doing good?
Was born in '88 and lived in Rosemond until '96 so I can't say about back then, but in the past twenty years, San Luis Obispo has been the p4p world champion of fine 20-30something year old women. Not as many as some much bigger places, but by percentage there is still nowhere better. The Demetrius Johnson of cute white ladies.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Was born in '88 and lived in Rosemond until '96 so I can't say about back then, but in the past twenty years, San Luis Obispo has been the p4p world champion of fine 20-30something year old women. Not as many as some much bigger places, but by percentage there is still nowhere better. The Demetrius Johnson of cute white ladies.
I could see why with UC's of CA tougher to get in and collect more tuition out of state/country more students attracted to CA State schools.

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
This doesn't ring true for my SLO experience from 03-07. Maybe those were down years or maybe my perception is skewed since I moved to LA after that?

Reactions: rowjimmytour

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
I could see why with UC's of CA tougher to get in and collect more tuition out of state/country more students attracted to CA State schools.
Cal Poly SLO, depending on major, is just a better undergrad curriculum.

UC creates academics, not people ready for the labor force.

if you want a new hire deep into thought experiments, theoretical calculations, or deriving formulas, stick witb UC. If you want someone that actually ships product, go CalPoly.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach
Cal Poly SLO, depending on major, is just a better undergrad curriculum.

UC creates academics, not people ready for the labor force. if you want someone deep into thought experiments, theoretical calculations, or deriving formulas, stick witb UC. If you want something that actually ships from a new hire, go CalPoly.
Spot on. Great professional alumni network, I interact with Cal Poly grads all the time and we all look out for each other. I hardly ever bump into UCSC alumni :roflmao:

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
Spot on. Great professional alumni network, I interact with Cal Poly grads all the time and we all look out for each other. I hardly ever bump into UCSC alumni :roflmao:
I say this as a UC alumni and who has hired both UC and CalPoly (multiple campuses from both systems).

it’s painful how striking the difference is.

if I’m hiring a level 1 I want cal poly. Level 3-4, sure, UC kids start being worth their… peculiarities.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I work with 4 UC grads from different schools(2ucla/1Berkley/1usc). Also waiters/waitresses for life now:roflmao:
The cal poly kids do get jobs and seem to like them.

This doesn't ring true for my SLO experience from 03-07. Maybe those were down years or maybe my perception is skewed since I moved to LA after that?
I'm in LA a few times a year, it isn't even close:shrug: unless you like those fake looking plastic chicks with mannequin lips?

bird.LA

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Jul 14, 2002
LA
I'm in LA a few times a year, it isn't even close:shrug: unless you like those fake looking plastic chicks with mannequin lips?
LA's got those for sure, but also ample pickings of any genre of hottie one might be interested in.

I never experienced SLO in the Tinder era, so maybe I just don't know.

TBH, didn't really like living there aside from the waves, so that might skew my perception too.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
LA's got those for sure, but also ample pickings of any genre of hottie one might be interested in.

I never experienced SLO in the Tinder era, so maybe I just don't know.

TBH, didn't really like living there aside from the waves, so that might skew my perception too.
We must be very different people, or be influenced by different times, i like living in the SLO area for everything except the shltty waves :LOL: it's all California though!

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Will @stringcheese and all his Tinder matches along with your Bumble matches be joining us? How bout GBG's new young hottie?? Whos going to hold down DMJ's while he's gone???
I'm having a great time, but still haven't made it to surf, and have already gotten myself in a, er, situation..."double booked", as it were...no complaints :LOL: just re learning some things...I have to get home for work Saturday morning, might not be able to hang out into Friday night. Blacks beach AM surf!

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Too windy to surf, waves tiny anyways, fvcked up by canceling on one girl then getting ditched by the other when her babysitter didn't come through (bullet dodged? Profile ain't say you had a kid:unsure:) this is now the stringcheese is having a drink for the first time in over nine months thread.
Observations about san diego, 2021: fvck there's a lot of cockroaches in this town at night. I'm calling town on purpose, because if this was a city, I would have had to move my car at some point. Instead I've walked everywhere there is to go today, and my watch says I've done about 14 miles. Also, in stark contrast to San Francisco, covid is apparently not a thing here. I'm the only one with a mask anywhere, and it's been on my forearm the whole trip like a decorative band. I guess the bodies in the streets are being piled up around one of the corners i haven't walked by yet.

Hos hos hos it's Christmas plural out here after a Padres game. Girl, put some clothes on. Makin me feel like somebody's dad. I imagine it makes them feel powerful and confidence is great, I'm not complaining or judging, I'm just joking and feeling an old 33. But (drinking, don't judge me for starting sentences with prepositions) I feel much better when I think about how I'm not that weird looking bulky, too much bicep curl, stupid facial hair having bro you're walking around with.

Best part of the trip so far; air and space museum. To my surprise, I became emotionally overwhelmed by the space part of the exhibit. The sense of time, the understanding of the work, the bravery, what they must have gone through and felt, fortunately i was alone because another person might have found it weird that I was quietly brought to tears by the footage of the astronaut stepping out of the capsule and conversing with Houston. I've been in the actual cockpit of a retired sr-71 as a kid, and around a bunch of this shlt all my life, but today it felt different. I was in the museum for 3 hours.

The Japanese garden is alright. I'm demoting it to third favorite, San Francisco has much better tea and soup, and though it is smaller, the garden is higher quality. Portland still first.

The gasslamp area is uncomfortable and intimidating for me, but I felt like a pvssy going back to my hotel room in defeat, so I made myself jump in...chose "the whiskey girl" because the name seemed appropriate for me:LOL:. Two (quite good) whiskeys and one (shlt) beer in, I'm feeling at ease. The early 2000s music videos and prevalence of black folk are helping. I've had enough fvcking Italians and I'm happy to have not used "little italy" (aka a couple Italian restaurants and a deli that sells the same shlt) as a crutch.

Hey, remember that "never ending thread about nothing"? I think this just became it. If I'm not having a first-time-in-ages hangover in the morning, I still plan on surfing Black's. End of story, here are some pictures. I'll be sure to keep my feet out of frame this time. Any lawns you see are totally mine.

Edit: pictures later, apparently. Took them in highest definition my new phone takes, which seems to break the erBB when I try to upload more than one. This is all you get for now. 20210922_211658.jpg

Second edit: 83 tinder likes since this morning and I'm going back to my room alone. I'm doing something wrong, or on purpose.

Last edited:

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
Too windy to surf, waves tiny anyways, fvcked up by canceling on one girl then getting ditched by the other when her babysitter didn't come through (bullet dodged? Profile ain't say you had a kid:unsure:) this is now the stringcheese is having a drink for the first time in over nine months thread.
Observations about san diego, 2021: fvvk there's a lot of cockroaches in this town at night. I'm calling town on purpose, because if this was a city, I would have had to move my car at some point. Instead I've walked everywhere there is to go today, and my watch says I've done about 14 miles. Also, in stark contrast to San Francisco, covid is apparently not a thing here. I'm the only one with a mask anywhere, and it's been on my forearm the whole trip like a decorative band. I guess the bodies in the streets are being piled up around one of the corners i haven't walked by yet.

Hos hos hos it's Christmas plural out here after a Padres game. Girl, put some clothes on. Makin me feel like somebody's dad. I imagine it makes them feel powerful and confidence is great, I'm not complaining or judging, I'm just joking and feeling an old 33. But (drinking, don't judge me for starting sentences with prepositions) I feel much better when I think about how I'm not that weird looking bulky, too much bicep curl, stupid facial hair having bro you're walking around with.

Best part of the trip so far; air and space museum. To my surprise, I became emotionally overwhelmed by the space part of the exhibit. The sense of time, the understanding of the work, the bravery, what they must have gone through and felt, fortunately i was alone because another person might have found it weird that I was quietly brought to tears by the footage of the astronaut stepping out of the capsule and conversing with Houston. I've been in the actual cockpit of a retired sr-71 as a kid, and around a bunch of this shlt all my life, but today it felt different. I was in the museum for 3 hours.

The Japanese garden is alright. I'm demoting it to third favorite, San Francisco has much better tea and soup, and though it is smaller, the garden is higher quality. Portland still first.

The gasslamp area is uncomfortable and intimidating for me, but I felt like a pvssy going back to my hotel room in defeat, so I made myself jump in...chose "the whiskey girl" because the name seemed appropriate for me:LOL:. Two (quite good) whiskeys and one (shlt) beer in, I'm feeling at ease. The early 2000s music videos and prevalence of black folk are helping. I've had enough fvcking Italians and I'm happy to have not used "little italy" (aka a couple Italian restaurants and a deli that sells the same shlt) as a crutch.

Hey, remember that "never ending thread about nothing"? I think this just became it. If I'm not having a first-time-in-ages hangover in the morning, I still plan on surfing Black's. End of story, here are some pictures. I'll be sure to keep my feet out of frame this time. Any lawns you see are totally mine.

Edit: pictures later, apparently. Took them in highest definition my new phone takes, which seems to break the erBB when I try to upload more than one. This is all you get for now. View attachment 116735

Second edit: 83 tinder likes since this morning and I'm going back to my room alone. I'm doing something wrong, or on purpose.
Did you sleep at all during this adventure?