Stringcheese is going to san deigo

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
On the subject of driving...what's the deal with this toll road thing? It was either the 73 north, or 405 north, I can't remember...but signs saying go to some website, pay within 5 days...traffic was fast and weaving, full on no rules apply, and I couldn't be paying attention to that shlt while I was trying to stay alive on the messed up road with its six crooked, barely visible, lanes. Now that I'm home and trying to deal with it, there are several apps, websites, etc offering passes and memberships and...wtf?! How do I take care of this?
73 toll road between the 5 and 405, might not have saved much time by taking that route. Could have just got on the 405 a little further north near irvine, now you know for next time

Reactions: stringcheese

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
Train would be fun, not sure how moving surfboards is on a train. That might also require a level of planning that I'm not used to, though. Similar to my recent drive to San Francisco, I didn't "decide" where I was going until I was already on the way there. Being in my car, I'm free to do whatever I want when it feels right, or not when it doesn't.
I’ve brought a board many times and picked up customs. Often with a bike (they have bike racks, but can fill and you’ll need to wait for the next train), including bringing a 12’ glider from SD to SB . They have a 10’ long limit so I lied and said it was 9”8 or something . Shortboards and fish travel well w no problems

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
73 toll road between the 5 and 405, might not have saved much time by taking that route. Could have just got on the 405 a little further north near irvine, now you know for next time
I was paying attention to my "smart watch" so I wouldn't get jammed in traffic or lost:foreheadslap: it does not understand those roads any better than I do. Got me in some kind of post apocalyptic free for all mad max thing.

I'm going train next time, that sounds like fun and easier. I can learn how to plan a little bit, it's good to grow.

Reactions: mundus

mundus

Duke status
Feb 26, 2018
I was paying attention to my "smart watch" so I wouldn't get jammed in traffic or lost:foreheadslap: it does not understand those roads any better than I do. Got me in some kind of post apocalyptic free for all mad max thing.

I'm going train next time, that sounds like fun and easier. I can learn how to plan a little bit, it's good to grow.
Kudos on the spur of moment adventure,. Kind of thing I used to do before I became a bitter old carp.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Kudos on the spur of moment adventure,. Kind of thing I used to do before I became a bitter old carp.
Didn't used to be able to do this kind of thing when I smoked a bunch of weed, I would always think about it then not do it because "oh what if this or that goes wrong" then just sit around and get high with other people who don't want to do stuff.
Soon as my actual license shows up (been riding around with DMV paperwork for like eight weeks, get your shlt together California) I'm going to fly somewhere new. Open to suggestions for monday- Friday quick shots, doesn't have to involve surf. I have only ever been north as far as Portland, south as far as Ensenada, and east as far as Vegas.

QuadFin

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 10, 2018
Didn't used to be able to do this kind of thing when I smoked a bunch of weed, I would always think about it then not do it because "oh what if this or that goes wrong" then just sit around and get high with other people who don't want to do stuff.
Soon as my actual license shows up (been riding around with DMV paperwork for like eight weeks, get your shlt together California) I'm going to fly somewhere new. Open to suggestions for monday- Friday quick shots, doesn't have to involve surf. I have only ever been north as far as Portland, south as far as Ensenada, and east as far as Vegas.
National parks. You must. Pick one. Go.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I'm back inside you, San Diego. Like, left hand fish hook finger in mouth, right thumb up your butt kind of all inside you. So many spots look fun right now!

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
I'm back inside you, San Diego. Like, left hand fish hook finger in mouth, right thumb up your butt kind of all inside you. So many spots look fun right now!
Just passed TRUTH driving down the trail. Go back paddle him on a canyon set and blame it on a few too many glasses of Penis Noir with IBG at Gianni Versace Buonomo OB.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Just passed TRUTH driving down the trail. Go back paddle him on a canyon set and blame it on a few too many glasses of Penis Noir with IBG at Gianni Versace Buonomo OB.
I was just at blacks watching from the cliff. Looked like some fun lefts on the south end of things.

Reactions: santacruzin

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Truth can drive down the trail? Hmm, got to go to Indo and NYC to make connections...

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Just keep going till you get to the Hong Kong Gentlemans Club in TJ.:dancing:

LifeOnMars

Michael Peterson status
Jan 14, 2020
I shake my fist and mouth “slow down” everytine some privileged asshat drives past.

Oh how I long to be a privileged asshat some day.
Just get an ebike with a board rack. Surely you can lift it over the gate with the rack on. It’s not too hard walking down the trail but back up can be a bit taxing after a surf.