stretch boards support and board pron thread

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
has anyone actually been on a speedbuzz? I know I should just order another skate but the grass is always greener and single to double + vee does seem to be the modern default. Ride reports??

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
from Kool-aid...."buzzsaw outline with super buzz rocker". they seem to have a fair amount of pics on insta but i can't find anyone who's had the pleasure to give a report

Reactions: paunch23

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
from Kool-aid...."buzzsaw outline with super buzz rocker". they seem to have a fair amount of pics on insta but i can't find anyone who's had the pleasure to give a report
i mean. Wasnt the buzzsaw, a superbuzz with a pointy nose?? Aleays liked the outline but they market it as a slab board or meant for better waves.

Are the diff versions of the skate??

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I think Dylan summed up the "speedbuzz" as a stretched out superbuzz? It does seem like we've seen enough of those on his instagram that someone would've posted a review by now. It does seem like guys buy them with a quiver of other buzz boards, super, buzz, and 2x4's.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005

Per above the speedbuzz should be buzzsaw with lower tail and nose rocker......or in other words....exactly what johnson7 just said :)

agree the buzzsaw outline looks great. but then i see J.O.B. flying out of Backdoor barrels on one and know immediately that it is not the board for me. nothing that has been in a Backdoor barrel should be ever be underneath my avg joe feet. the SB looks like a ton of fun but the feed back here is all over the place. for every one guy who thinks it's easy to ride and handle waist to whatever, there's one guy who says it needs a good wave and is very sensitive to foot placement. all roads lead back to the Skate i guess

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Give them a call, I'm sure they can sum up in two sentences the distinct differences, and where/when each model would shine? To me it seems like winner, winner, chicken dinner, but oddly no one on here is raving about his, or her's new speedbuzz?

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
I've ridden super buzz, mr buzz and buzz saw. Buzz saw is very high performance. Mr Buzz was much easier to ride. Superbuzz easiest to ride. I'm currently trying to sell my Buzzsaw (bought it used).

If we're going to relate it to JOB, I saw that JOB got a Mr Buzz once and never posted any clips or showed himself riding it, but has numerous clips on the Buzzsaw and has ordered 3+ of them.

Reactions: paunch23

PeterDj

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jul 11, 2018
It looks nearly identical to the 2x4 from the instagram photos. It's hard to tell without stacking the boards on top of each other to see the subtle differences. I have a super buzz, 2x4, and 2win. The 2win has the knify-est nose, with 2x4 being very similar but more volume in middle, obviously superbuzz is widest in the nose out of that bunch. A little less volume in the nose does make late drops easier, but at a cost of paddle power. My guess is the speed buzz is easy to late drop like a 2win or buzzsaw, but less rocker to maximize speed down the line like the super buzz. Maybe I should get one to sit in between my super buzz and 2x4 step up.

doc_flavonoid

Michael Peterson status
Dec 27, 2019
Ill just swing by with some cash tomorrow morning :cool:
stretch speaks cash...

i had a puggd 2win four or 5 yrs ago. dbl bump rnd pin. great boar. sold it when i was shuffling the quiver.

think it was a 6-0

cant remember what lie i told myself at the time to sell it. but as usual i found myself looking at stretch twinnys the other day. saw that blue one and got all itchy again

i waste more money this way