stretch boards support and board pron thread

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Congrats, so what did they say the Speedbuzz was?
Every one here who chimed in knew what they were talking about...it's more or less a stretched out superbuzz (as opposed to a shortened, fattened buzzsaw).

I was looking as getting a Skate as well, so they were nice enough to send over numbers. I knew I loved the Skate from it's low entry rocker. But the Skate actually has a lower entry by a bit than the same length Speedbuzz, and more tail rocker. I don't know why I thought it, but I always had it in my mind that the whole Buzz family had low entry rocker with aggressive tail kick.

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
Three Stretch boards have been on my bucket list forever:

1) twin with original double bump roundtail. I rode Average Joe’s a few times, and it was one of the best twins I’ve surfed.

2) Super Buzz, squash quad. Rode one belonging to another erBB poster back in the day. Super fun. Always wanted one.

3) Pug. Never ridden but always liked the outline of the original Pug with no wing, five fin.

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Think you’ll be good. I ordered a gbuzz late Oct and it will be here Monday. Seems like most of their order time is waiting for the blank. Once they got that, they turned around the board (including paint job) in under a month.

Reactions: cjs2002

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
I know I know. I have a friend who swears by it and he’s generally not a kook, and I’ll try anything once. The bet is if the leash string rips through the tail pad in my first 10 surfs he has to buy me a new pad and take the old one off. If it doesn’t I owe him a six pack of Pliny. I’m sure I’ll lose since he’s been doing it for years....but that’s never the point of small wagers to try and prove your friend is a kook!

Reactions: MathDebater

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Probably. I didn't mean to derail the Stretch thread with my kooky bet with a friend. I fully expect this tail pad will not be on the board in 3 months.

Sorry, back to talking about sweet twinnies on the webstore.

Reactions: MathDebater

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
I automatically put my foot against the kicker. Isnt that going to put your foot too far behind the fins and effect the drive?

kool-aid

Michael Peterson status
Aug 28, 2003
San Francisco
Think you’ll be good. I ordered a gbuzz late Oct and it will be here Monday. Seems like most of their order time is waiting for the blank. Once they got that, they turned around the board (including paint job) in under a month.
Wow, that is the longest wait I've ever heard of for stretch. Marko must be seriously backed up.