stretch boards support and board pron thread

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
Your totally right, I've been so stoked on the board I forgot to mention it to Dylan. I'm not to worried haha, it's a 2win with a pug logo, and a SLT, sporting CFT stickers. In all seriousness though I really like it, I think it feels like it pushes back a bit, and is noticeably lighter than the CFT's I've had. It will be interesting to see how it holds up compared with the CFT, and DFT, it's a Stretch so I'm sure it will last.

paunch23

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2011
Rep. of Panama, La Barqueta, David, Chiriquí
Ya. SLT is suplosed to be his lightest construction, isn’t it??
i got a dft and is lighter than his standard cft.

Curious hows slt different in feel to dft. At this point all of these constructions from Stretch feel solid regarding durability. I find cft kinda “rigid.” Is solid. I was gonna try a lighter glass schedule maybe, but then just decided to try the new dft.

just one session on it in very weak surf and i loved it. Board being so light defenitely helped. Waiting for a good day to take it out on . Now i dont wanna surf it on sht waves and jynx it.

Reactions: rowjimmytour

thekadvang

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 29, 2013
i think we're central
When and where do you ride your 2x4 over the new roundpin 2win?
my 2x4 is 6'0" x 18.75" x 2.2 sk8 deck quad and 2win is a 5'10" x 19" x 2.3"

at home, i really only ride the 2x4 if it's proper inside bar barreling. it doesnt feel great here as a step-up because of the way our waves can be big but flat and weird. it's an amazing travel board and i have loved riding it in puerto/hawaii

i think now i would only grab the 2x4 over the 2win if the waves are super critical and there's no possibility of turns. 2win has felt very capable to me in bigger/steeper waves and its way more free/fun to ride

one criticism of 2win is that given the speed outrunning the barrel is definitely a thing

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009

Curious hows slt different in feel to dft. At this point all of these constructions from Stretch feel solid regarding durability. I find cft kinda “rigid.” Is solid. I was gonna try a lighter glass schedule maybe, but then just decided to try the new dft.

just one session on it in very weak surf and i loved it. Board being so light defenitely helped. Waiting for a good day to take it out on . Now i dont wanna surf it on sht waves and jynx it.
I am old and go straight so....but last stretch 2x4 step up I went with CFT heavy and board still is pretty light even with pad and has nice flex and of course more bullet proof then ever. I like the feel for a step up and would not hestitate if I had the balls to still chase big waves or big for me a stretch gun or semi gun in eps CFT.

Reactions: paunch23

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016

I think the biggest difference I noticed was how much lighter the DFT, and SLT felt, compared to my CFT boards. Maybe it was just a placebo effect, or the fact that it was so much lighter, it just seemed like it jumped out of turns, and was noticeably faster pumping down the line. I think I'm gonna need another 2win in DFT, to give a proper comparison, haha. I think the 2win is a good platform for these flexier construction types though, where your engaging more rail, and surfing the outline of the board, really driving off the front, and using that wing in the swallow tail.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Does anyone with a gbuzz have some comparably boards? There’s a lot of different types of grovelers these days.
No other grovel besides my 8' ewing 5 fin bonzer but I do know my gbuzz works great as quad with FU#3 from 2' drizzle to head high+ reef break and she loves going backside.
Me 50 5'8" 170#
Gbuzz 5'2" 20.25" 2.375" sk8 diamond tail CFT medium still pretty white no dings and light as hell.

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I had one, and it is definitely a great choice for small gutless waves, that will handle a little size too. I was considering ordering another one, but I went 5150 instead, and am happy I did. I think it's a unique board, a daily driver with so much more, and it can grovel too!

spjones123

Legend (inyourownmind)
Oct 24, 2005
Anymore thoughts/feedback on the 5010? Looks awesome but I remember seeing some video where they said you had to get the sizing just right. That always makes me a little nervous since i ride more volume then most peeps my size. Thx

johnson7

Nep status
Sep 29, 2016
I would call them, they can dial you in best. It does seem like you wouldn't want that board over volumed, like you could get away with a superbuzz, or quadfish. I think Dylan summed it up best, "it's like a new sport," I think you'd be stoked for sure. The board paddles really well for it's size, steeper waves require a bit of an angle, and finesse, but once up and riding the board is stupid fast, and turns on a dime! It's also really user friendly, and versatile, I think you'd get way more use, and range out of this model than a Gbuzz. It's another one of those boards that stands out in the quiver, that is if you can get over the optics of not having a nose?

Reactions: rowjimmytour