Some Drama with Everyone's Favorite!

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Cool. another BJJ thread. #wrasslin

surfers are the worst.
I am just shocked to hear that being a good surfer does not necessarily make someone a good businessperson.
RK is one of the best 60 year old surfers out there… But order your HD boar through XTR.
Joel… is a kook. Never matured past high school (dropout). I’m sure he’ll get his money now and find a new Instagram fight to pick. Draaamah!

Last edited:

manbearpig

Duke status
May 11, 2009
in the bathroom
actually, I’m not. I’ve trained BJJ under a Cyborg disciple.

but go ahead and tell me I’m wrong and that BJJ is the best, and how no one can beat it. Then go get in a bar fight, or take on a more than one guy at a time, or a half decent boxer.

Most schools don’t even have a standing take down.

It’s a great sport , and has application, but it’s not the ultimate.

You’re acting very Joel-esque and that’s fine. It’s your life….
Haven’t you heard, Duffy can beat Tyson :shameonyou:

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
If someone owes me $5k and I know they surf Windansea every day, well then I’m showing up at Windansea every day.
Yup, had a great boss who used to ask people. "If someone owes you $100 are you going to email them and hope they reply? call them or show up to their house?"

And that began a month of me doing drop ins to peoples offices , until I was told I was being a bit too intense :roflmao:

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Yup, had a great boss who used to ask people. "If someone owes you $100 are you going to email them and hope they reply? call them or show up to their house?"

And that began a month of me doing drop ins to peoples offices , until I was told I was being a bit too intense :roflmao:
Haha

thats what I meant. Not on some tough guy chit, but just showing up and asking for your money.

a guy owed me $1,200 for some work. Wouldn’t reply to emails, texts or calls. I see him out at a bar, bee line straight to him and ask what’s up (in a nice way). Paid me the next morning.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
actually, I’m not. I’ve trained BJJ under a Cyborg disciple.

but go ahead and tell me I’m wrong and that BJJ is the best, and how no one can beat it. Then go get in a bar fight, or take on a more than one guy at a time, or a half decent boxer.

Most schools don’t even have a standing take down.

It’s a great sport , and has application, but it’s not the ultimate.

You’re acting very Joel-esque and that’s fine. It’s your life….
Ah, youve “trained before”. Cool.

Theres really no point in responding to this. Nobody is pulling guard in a street fight and I don’t know of a single person who thinks it’s a good idea to take a street fight to ground to risk getting kicked in the head.

Why this somehow invalidates BJJ for fighting is a mystery to me.

Im gonna go train now, with take downs, kicks, punches and submissions.

• Haha
Reactions: jkb

20W-50 and blood

Duke status
Feb 4, 2004
SOCAL
Visit site
Im gonna go train now, with take downs, kicks, punches and submissions.
so am i. but with about or seven six double ipas and maybe an imperial stout or two. follow up with the last of the jam-o if there's any moutwash left.

on that note...i really should bring some sort of other physical activity into the schedule. seems liek paddling, surfing, and riding the bike everywhere isnt' cutting the beer lbs like it did last year.

• Love
Reactions: jkb and MathDebater

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but if someone owes you $5k or $10k there is a little place in most towns called a "Courthouse" where they have a little room called "Small Claims Court" where attorneys are not allowed and they help individuals settle monetary disputes through a mediator -- usually a "Judge" or "Commissioner". They require "Proof" or "Evidence" that money is actually owed. They have the ability to award monetary judgments and enforce collections against the party that owes the money. The fees are relatively low in comparison to big-boy court too.

The only downside is you have to have half a brain in order to complete the forms and actually make an appearance in court sober (no mary-jah-wanna).

I don't care for Tudor, but if he or the Pendaris couple feel they are owed money there are ways to collect... if the debt owed is legitimate. For all anyone knows, Joel might be full of $hit and the Asian man was paid and Joel's cut off the top is what was lost? No one knows... But I guarantee Judge Judy would have this dispute sorted out in about 10 minutes flat.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Not necessarily- many counties offer free consults to people on filing in Small claims court by an attorney.
Even more of a reason for Joel, or anyone owed money, to seek help from the court. Im sure RK owns a home and has a job and a bank account. There are ways to get your money if its legitimately owed. I'm guessing Tudor might be owed the money and not the Asian "billionaire".

Reactions: Waterlogged05

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
If someone owes me $5k and I know they surf Windansea every day, well then I’m showing up at Windansea every day.
Quit naming spots! :LOL:
I don’t think it’s Joel’s money. it sounds like the Japanese buyer Joel arranged didn’t receive $5k in boards ordered. I guarantee Joel didn’t pay him out of his pocket! Sounds like he just let that bridge burn. Whole thing sounds like amateur hour. Put it in writing, bros.

Im sure RK owns a home and has a job and a bank account.
I wouldn’t be too sure about the house or job (outside of coordinating a few HD board orders) LOL

Last edited: