So I bought a PU board...

retodd

Duke status
Feb 23, 2009
Just like everything in surfboard world , things are subjective and opinions get in the way of facts .

Reactions: sdsrfr

JDJ

Miki Dora status
Mar 1, 2014
The OC
all the people ordering a full resin tint plus gloss and polish will be sadly disappointed thinking the board will be similar in weight to a clear sanded finish.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
fact vs. fantasy
Science is science, chemistry is chemistry, etc. I would be very surprised given the backyard/DIY roots of the surfboard industry along with the thin margins, etc that they’re not lagging behind the rest of the composite using world.

Never got on with the ultralight board thing myself. Couldn’t get over the insubstantial feeling.

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
Science is science, chemistry is chemistry, etc. I would be very surprised given the backyard/DIY roots of the surfboard industry along with the thin margins, etc that they’re not lagging behind the rest of the composite using world.

Never got on with the ultralight board thing myself. Couldn’t get over the insubstantial feeling.
Chocki, What's up with no viking photo now in your profile now. did you switch when you saw the episode he wen Valhalla in? This one cute and all but that was legendary! Fruggin love that epic saga!

Reactions: urchined

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Chocki, What's up with no viking photo now in your profile now. did you switch when you saw the episode he wen Valhalla in? This one cute and all but that was legendary! Fruggin love that epic saga!
I felt like going with something surf appropriate that represented the ever increasing commercialization of surfing along with the absurdity of the modern condition.

Starting to rewatch Vikings now. Such a gnarly show. I love how they always take the time to slip in something extra rad, ala in the middle of an epic battle they cut to some guy running around yelling Odin while bashing heads with a war hammer or the crossbow with the bird skull sight, etc.

Surprisingly historically accurate:

Reactions: chilly1

chilly1

Nep status
Jan 4, 2010
I felt like going with something surf appropriate that represented the ever increasing commercialization of surfing along with the absurdity of the modern condition.

Starting to rewatch Vikings now. Such a gnarly show. I love how they always take the time to slip in something extra rad, ala in the middle of an epic battle they cut to some guy running around yelling Odin while bashing heads with a war hammer or the crossbow with the bird skull sight, etc.

Surprisingly historically accurate:

Roger that. Sorry if I gave anything away. It is a dramatized version of factual events. I liken the vikings to surfers because of the seagoing aspect we share. Not so much the conquering of new spots maybe but still.

Maz

Michael Peterson status
May 18, 2004
Innzid
4+6/4oz

And before you call the Tailpad Police on me, that's as far back as my size 12 will go on that tail. There's already some overhang. (he said sheepishly)

Reactions: urchined

Muscles

Michael Peterson status
Jun 1, 2013
California/Hawaii
I beat the hell out of my PU small wave board. I've surfed it two to three times a week for the last 15 months. The deck is smashed in but other than that it still rides as good as the day I picked it up. It has 6x6 glass on top but the tail and deck still crushed pretty quick. I'll definitely replace it with another PU.

kane

Michael Peterson status
Sep 30, 2003
I forgot how buttery PU feels. I might sell all my alt builds and go full PU. I don't care about durability.

Oh My ! ;-)

Made in Hawaii too for only 360 .00

Undercutting all those shapers who bring work to this glasser - only in Hawaii does this exist .
Happens everywhere and that shaper isn't making much money off that board.