So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

_____

Phil Edwards status
Sep 17, 2012
How many people who drove 75+ miles to sandbar yesterday:

1. Stood on the beach on their wetsuit for 1/2 hr and packed it home? 40%?
2. Tried to paddle out but were in poor paddling shape for that day/spot and drifted around the harbor bend? 60%?
2.a In group 2, what percentage of them stopped at In'n'Out on the way home? 50%?
3. Got at least one legit sandbar wave? 3%?

Of the above combined, how many of those people went home and told their friends/IG/FB etc they surfed epic sandbar pits? 50%?

Last edited:

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Off topic but what's with the World Juniors being held at Seaside?

I was pretty puzzled when I saw that...

It's a fickle, below average wave by world standards and notoriously disliked.
Did not know about the contest either.
Say what you want, I've won money there, it's a great contest spot. The kids will be shredding, If the lot opens. Union guys don't work on weekends to clean it up. Especially when still at risk for some more floodage in the morning.

Sand was gone, I same some of the steel that goes 40' down. Shore carnage is awesome, until some bonehead gets hurt.

Reactions: MathDebater

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

2. Tried to paddle out but were in poor paddling shape for that day/spot and drifted around the harbor bend? 60%
2.a In group 2, what percentage of them stopped at In'n'Out on the way home? 50%?
3. Got at least one legit sandbar wave? 95%?

#3 - probably more like 20%, and only 15% made the wave

Of the above combined, how many of those people went home and told their friends/IG/FB etc they surfed epic sandbar pits? 50%?
More like 95%

santacruzin

Kelly Slater status
Oct 17, 2007
valley purgatory
Just saw video of Greg Long on what appears to be a rather massive wave at Todos?

Not sure if its been posted on social and dont know how to share what was sent to me.

Oct 13, 2019
CenCoast
Whitewater as far as you can see in both directions. Crazy long walls of brownwater. Mysto spots all breaking.

the ghost

View attachment 145251

Morro

View attachment 145252

View attachment 145253
I walked around where photos 3 and 4 were taken. Blew my mind how many tourists were getting closer and closer to the SW corner of the rock. Pretty wild seeing waves that big so close coming at you. Good thing they eventually closed it off.

Reactions: MathDebater

JKH

Jan 27, 2020
I've surfed it several times between 3-4x OH. Only place in S.D. I've had to climb my leash. There seem to be these fingers of reef extending out and south. Once the wave breaks on the ridge it pushes into deep water so you get shoved down pretty deep. There are some massive barrels to be had but actually hunting one down and not getting mopped up is really...really difficult. Which is why its never crowded.
Anyone see it today? Sadly I don't live in LJ anymore, would have loved to see it if it broke well.

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016

2. Tried to paddle out but were in poor paddling shape for that day/spot and drifted around the harbor bend? 60%?
3. Got at least one legit sandbar wave? 3%?

Well, Killian and Yadin got their fair share, as did some of the other locals.

We were burning a lot of people.

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
I’m flattered that you think I know how to do anything behind the scenes involving software or really anything computerish beyond deleting threads and banning MFers :cool:

enabling or disabling instagram embeds? I’m surprised I could even formulate that sentence fragment, let alone execute such actions :drowning::waving: