So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
only had an hour and change to be in the water but it was fun at this particular spot i normally try and avoid. water was gross but oh well...well over head, and juicy. opted for a 6'4 since most people were on mids or bigger alt boards.

think im gonna try and hit up a certain fickle, protected low tide spot a little later if i can wrap up work early.

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
The World Juniors contest is kinda messed up. The parking lot is closed and they can't set up. History has shown the state is never in a big hurry to clean up. I have to say, I can't remember seeing water washing to the end before.

1673025385627.png

Swamis had 40 peeps out at 6:45 am
Cardiff, two guys out. No waves ridden that I saw.
1673025238463.png

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
The World Juniors contest is kinda messed up. The parking lot is closed and they can't set up. History has shown the state is never in a big hurry to clean up. I have to say, I can't remember seeing water washing to the end before.

View attachment 145330

Swamis had 40 peeps out at 6:45 am
Cardiff, two guys out. No waves ridden that I saw.
View attachment 145328
Off topic but what's with the World Juniors being held at Seaside?

I was pretty puzzled when I saw that...

It's a fickle, below average wave by world standards and notoriously disliked.

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008
ATMOSPHERIC RIVER! (it rained).

Still not sure how Californians are even going to get to the beach given that they can't drive in the rain.
Storm made it here too

This is about 1/2 hour from my house and visible from my bedroom. So we drove up there.

I never liked big waves but I do miss driving around and seeing all the carnage on weeks like you guys are having right now

323885717_1631218817336555_960623682068962128_n.jpeg

323862452_680275390466465_7436112201433025265_n.jpeg

oeste858

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2017
San Diego, CA
Man I surfed a growing swell down here Thursday and then got sick as a dog from my uncle
Missed the clean surf all weekend and early week here im PISSED

Speaking of nasty water, red tide doesn't need warm water right? There was some nasty orange foam on the inside, also a 2x4 w nails on it in the lineup. Fun fun.

I bet its GNARLY up there rn good luck you chargers
might have to bring out the 5'8" Evo stahp up Refores
What Tomo does ReFrodo pull down from the rafters when it’s big??

Reactions: tacos

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
checked a buncha cams
lowers looks the funnest
its a bit shouldery, not long walls
but clean and uncrowded

SteveT

Phil Edwards status
Apr 11, 2005
Pics from our dog walk about an hour ago.
Barrier berm 1/2 gone and about a 10-12' sand cliff
In the park, lots of debris/logs/reed clumps.
Tarpit actually had a couple of big clean lefts come through.
Rincon is going to be all-time this afternoon.
IMG_1275.jpgIMG_1276[1].jpgIMG_1277.jpg

What_it_Do_Baybeeee

Gerry Lopez status
Mar 28, 2010
CA
the other morning it was calling my region fair to good and it was victory at sea.
I barely use the site nowadays since they have locked a lot of it up under the premium subscription model. Kinda sucks since there aren't a lot of other options for surf forecasting unless you want to do the legwork yourself (I do somewhat). Good to see they are still hyping stuff up and milking content LOL.

They really have gotten so full of themselves after all the consolidation buying up their competitors. Monopolies are never good.

Woke AF

Tom Curren status
Jul 29, 2009
Southern Tip, Norcal
Do you guys get antsy and jittery when there's big swell in the water? Like your whole being senses it? You can hear the surf hitting the breakwall from my house and there were news helicopters yesterday evening and this morning. Just heightens the feeling more. I was thinking, "I REALLY have to wait until traffic dies down a bit or I'm going to be a real dangerous motorist."

Still do even though I don’t want the extra large stuff anymore. It feels like being around a really hot chick and you can sense she is horny. :devilish::love::(

• Haha
Reactions: Sharky and sponge

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
After reading Sharky's description of his run-off infection, I'm a bit concerned...but...I'm waiting fof rush hour to settle then off to explore...putting alcohol/vineagar solution and saline/neti pot in the back pack...
Is that what you put up your sinuses after some frothy poo barrels?

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
I barely use the site nowadays since they have locked a lot of it up under the premium subscription model. Kinda sucks since there aren't a lot of other options for surf forecasting unless you want to do the legwork yourself (I do somewhat). Good to see they are still hyping stuff up and milking content LOL.

They really have gotten so full of themselves after all the consolidation buying up their competitors. Monopolies are never good.
Who did they buy out? I never knew they had competition.

There's a lot of cringy stuff about Surfline, but there old LOLA was the sh!t. You could zoom in and individual spots and get accurate swell height. Over a decade ago I used it to track one of the biggest swells to ever hit Mexico. It was like 155-165 or some crazy SE direction...going parrallel and out see to the SoCal Coast. I saw on LOLA one particular place was showing 20 ft. reading while everywhere else was waist high. I decided to make the drive and have a buddy float us on with a dependent I.D.. Heaviest day I've ever seen in SoCal. Below see level mutant bombs. Thank you LOLA. I think that's the reason they retired it. Too accurate.