So how big's it gonna get Wed/Thurs/Fri on west coast?

r32

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 1, 2005
Cambria
This might go down as one of the all time Waimea swells. Insane footy.
'
That closeout set at 7.22 huge :jamon:

Yellow caught inside at 11.10 :porcorn:

Full send at 23:52 is :jamon:

Tanner

Phil Edwards status
Jul 30, 2003
Point Loma
Visit site
iconic. One of the best photos I e ever seen of CA surf. I think you told me that’s skip McCullough right?
I believe so, because I saw a photo of Skip from pro shooter Jimmicane that was MUCH tighter, but he was in same exact position.

The little sequence I posted is definitely Skip, as he confirmed.

As SBD and I have discussed, is there anyone ahead of Skip, here in SD right now? The guy simply CHARGES (and RIPS) in ALL conditions.

Geopac

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 28, 2003
Ballast Point
I believe so, because I saw a photo of Skip from pro shooter Jimmicane that was MUCH tighter, but he was in same exact position.

The little sequence I posted is definitely Skip, as he confirmed.

As SBD and I have discussed, is there anyone ahead of Skip, here in SD right now? The guy simply CHARGES (and RIPS) in ALL conditions.
Skip is hands down the best hpsb surfer to EVER come out of La Jolla period.

ZZ Soft Top

Nep status
Sep 22, 2013
Manta Sonica
the sand up here is all gone. been perfecting my shorebreak closeout skills and wishing i had a catchsurf or something soft, lol.
Three of my locals are basically flat now. Stoked. Went to El Porto last week and the water was breaking up on the rocks on the way to the jetty on a 1.5 foot tide.

CutnSnip

Phil Edwards status
Sep 11, 2018
Probably dropping in on you, California
Three of my locals are basically flat now. Stoked. Went to El Porto last week and the water was breaking up on the rocks on the way to the jetty on a 1.5 foot tide.
its gonna be high tide in SLA for a while :rolleyes:

the ying and the yang of a great run of swell. i did however find a little spot in OC this weekend that was working well with the swampiness.

Reactions: ZZ Soft Top