SITD Taj Burrow

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
well firewires next step is to buy out all the blank manufacturers so that they shut out the little guy and backyard shapers. corpo takeover of the entire industry

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
well firewires next step is to buy out all the blank manufacturers so that they shut out the little guy and backyard shapers. corpo takeover of the entire industry
Drive to Arizona, kick in ifallalot's door, jack his fridge, strip the insulating foam, glue it up, and send it out to Kitty Dungeon Surfboards in Kookstrand or Donkeyhavn or wherever?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
If Taj is claiming the boards are too small, then there is no way those boards were made for Kelly. Kelly has about 10lbs on Taj.

Also, a board builders job is to sell boards. If the owner of a surfboard manufacturing company (Kelly) is riding board built by a competitor it would be a conflict of interest to say anything positive or negative about them (IMO). Negative input could be misconstrued that he's putting down his competitor and positive input could be seen as damaging to the his own brand. I think its smart to keep Kelly out of it.

Even the slightest negative comment about Dark Arts tech from the mighty Kelly could be damning for them. Kelly has a lot of marketing influence.

jkb

Tom Curren status
Feb 22, 2005
Central California
I can get on-board with the Kelly rumor then.

The argument that he wasn't allowed to ride different boards didn't make sense to me, but Casa's argument of not being able to ride different constructions does.

Then some of the rumors made it sound like the boards were meant for someone way smaller than Taj.........but I can understand if Taj just likes a couple more liters nowadays.

I still think Kelly would be the best get for SITD and would love to see him do one. Maybe if the construction was less specific and more generic or if they don't mention construction and just concentrate on shape??

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
I can get on-board with the Kelly rumor then.

The argument that he wasn't allowed to ride different boards didn't make sense to me, but Casa's argument of not being able to ride different constructions does.

Then some of the rumors made it sound like the boards were meant for someone way smaller than Taj.........but I can understand if Taj just likes a couple more liters nowadays.

I still think Kelly would be the best get for SITD and would love to see him do one. Maybe if the construction was less specific and more generic or if they don't mention construction and just concentrate on shape??
I think Kelly would be the best get for SITD also.

What about Bobby Martinez? He seems a good fit for Stab. He also rips. He'd be the 1st goofy foot on SITD. He wouldnt be shy about telling you how a board feels. ha. He seems to be able to communicate how a board feels?

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
firewire buys out dark farts boars and manufactures them in thailand in 3,2,1...

adult learners gonna flip! stimulus money for $1500 popout boars
If this happens i would hope some shapers would file an anti trust lawsuit against firewire. They already did this with thunderbolt technology from Japan. Adding dark arts and consolidating the technologies is anti competitive behaviour

I know firewire sells lots of boards but i usually dont see any more firewire boards than any other brand. I doubt they have much bigger market share than the other large shapers...

this will for sure be the best stab in the dark because all the construction is exactly the same and the boards are finished by the same person. least variables...