SITD Taj Burrow

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
Unfortunately it’s for premium users only, but anyone else watch the 1st episode? For those unaware, he’s riding 13 Dark Arts constructed boards by different shapers.

I thought the boards looked too grovel based to what I would call super fun waves if they showed up at my local (and there’s been some similar if not much bigger and better to be found near me).

I thought he looked tentative on everything but the Pukas.

I hope Autolux are getting a mechanical royalty for “Turnstile Blues” as the intro/outro music is a carbon copy of that song’s drumming.

I wish they weren’t breaking this into four episodes. I’ve got a good buzz off my two DIPA pints and want to watch more soaking in the jacuzzi.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I'm not that interested. Can't relate to the boards, not into the Dark Arts thing, and the boards were made for Kelly so they weren't even sized right. Mark Price is such turd for putting the breaks on the whole thing.

I'm much more interested in being able to see the Jai film, having seen him in person his surfing was really impressive.Ultimately the STAB subscription model will fail. Same dumb tools running it. The free site was awful enough, now they want people to pay for the same awful crap? I'd love to know how many people actually signed up.

LiamUnknown

Nep status
Jun 16, 2004
I'm not that interested. Can't relate to the boards, not into the Dark Arts thing, and the boards were made for Kelly so they weren't even sized right. Mark Price is such turd for putting the breaks on the whole thing.

I'm much more interested in being able to see the Jai film, having seen him in person his surfing was really impressive.Ultimately the STAB subscription model will fail. Same dumb tools running it. The free site was awful enough, now they want people to pay for the same awful crap? I'd love to know how many people actually signed up.
Did they mention the Mark Price thing in SITD? I'm waiting till all 4 epidsodes are out and then will pay for a month to watch it. I agree the subscription model will fail. They promoted it like there would be tons of really good exclusive content and i did the free first month and it was all the same crap so I cancelled and figure I'll just pay monthly a couple times a year. Was kinda annoyed they removed all the old SITD's from youtube. Gonna have to download them all next time I pay for a month.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise

haha mark price strikes again! but but but whats so wring with furewire? adult learners like resale value the most

Northern_Shores

Miki Dora status
Mar 30, 2009

They produce stuff that cost money, so they need some income. That's only fair. Surf media is super lame and Stab Mag is trying to hard to be like Jenkem.com (certified cool skate site).

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Did they mention the Mark Price thing in SITD? I'm waiting till all 4 epidsodes are out and then will pay for a month to watch it. I agree the subscription model will fail. They promoted it like there would be tons of really good exclusive content and i did the free first month and it was all the same crap so I cancelled and figure I'll just pay monthly a couple times a year. Was kinda annoyed they removed all the old SITD's from youtube. Gonna have to download them all next time I pay for a month.
I think they were probably trickling stuff out during the free month to try and get people to stay and pay for STID.

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

Where does it say Mark Price pulled the plug on Kelly doing SITD?
Where does it say the boards were meant for Kelly?

Hyperbole strikes again or is casa secretly a Firewire/Slater Designs spy?

1611347433633.png

• Haha
Reactions: JTiago and Havoc

vanrysss

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 25, 2019
from Oregon, now SD
Boards look really friggin small for a guy Taj's age/size. Pretty boring waves in ep 1.

The Kelly thing would have been epic in pumping Ulus and Padang. Unfortunate if true.

Reactions: Havoc

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
Where does it say Mark Price pulled the plug on Kelly doing SITD?
Where does it say the boards were meant for Kelly?

Hyperbole strikes again or is casa secretly a Firewire/Slater Designs spy?

View attachment 104132
Can’t remember where I heard - might’ve been Blake Peters from Panda - but the boards were supposed be sent to Kelly in Bali but Mark Price put the brakes on it.

Reactions: Havoc and MrSteve

ChaseTMP

Michael Peterson status
Apr 6, 2014
S. Redondo
I was in Album's shop this am. We were talking about the asym Twinsman they made for Kelly and they (Mike and Matt) said they were told he (Kelly) wouldn't be able to ride the board as had been previously discussed. It's all pretty weird with the well documented Kelly on Mike Woo's boards.