Sharpeye Surfboards

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
So is the cheat code a disco cheater replacement? Don’t see the DC on the new Sharpeye site

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
I've checked out a few squash tail Cheat Codes in shops and the tail block is significantly wider than the DC. Have also seen them in swallow tails too.

Reactions: Aruka

SixtyGrit

Gerry Lopez status
Oct 3, 2015
SD
Interesting. The dimensions seem to match up with my Cheater. The Disco Cheater had a looooong run as board models go. Looking back, the first Disco Cheater came into my house in early 2017.
So is the cheat code a disco cheater replacement? Don’t see the DC on the new Sharpeye site
I've checked out a few squash tail Cheat Codes in shops and the tail block is significantly wider than the DC. Have also seen them in swallow tails too.
Seems like it. looks like they're keeping more volume in the rails now, made it more parallel, changed the overall rocker, and squashed the DC.

My popout EPS tech DC is 5'8 x 19.5 coming in at 28.6L, which is closer to the 5'6 stock CC.

I'm stocked to try one - the DC always seems like a curvy outline to me, which is what makes it fun, but sometimes less-than-ideal for folks like me who don't always stay in the pocket.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Seems like it. looks like they're keeping more volume in the rails now, made it more parallel, changed the overall rocker, and squashed the DC.

My popout EPS tech DC is 5'8 x 19.5 coming in at 28.6L, which is closer to the 5'6 stock CC.

I'm stocked to try one - the DC always seems like a curvy outline to me, which is what makes it fun, but sometimes less-than-ideal for folks like me who don't always stay in the pocket.
yeah cheat code seems much well suited to shred grovel waves at least in our area.

Reactions: SixtyGrit

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
holy crap the cheat code is incredible. just had my maiden voyage on a 5'10 swallow tail in 3-4ft beachbreak. works as advertised. my mind is blown and now i have to rework my entire quiver ughhhhhh
…did you snag the one at Surf Ride Solana? That thing looked so good.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
yep that's the one. i'd been looking at it for a few weeks and every time i put it under my arm it felt so good. plus the swallowtail and the pinline...beauty.
ahh that feeling of falling in love and clicking with a boar on the 1st session..

harold and kumar.gif

did you go thruster or twin + trailer? and how does it compare to the beloved RNF96

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
ahh that feeling of falling in love and clicking with a boar on the 1st session..

View attachment 162686

did you go thruster or twin + trailer? and how does it compare to the beloved RNF96
you are asking all the right questions! It didn't look like the fin boxes were setup for a 2+1, but maybe i'll try it out at some point. I went with P6 fins for this first session and it felt incredible and I wasn't feeling like I needed more speed or looseness.

As you know I am RNF96's #1 fan, and I was looking for a board that kept that same speed I've gotten used to but in a longer length and a thruster setup (tall order). This fit that bill to a T. It felt so good to have this much speed and make proper thruster turns again. It's obviously less loose than the RNF96 given the fin setup and length, but not any less fun.

There is an X factor to this board that I already love after one session.

tedshred

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 15, 2008
you are asking all the right questions! It didn't look like the fin boxes were setup for a 2+1, but maybe i'll try it out at some point. I went with P6 fins for this first session and it felt incredible and I wasn't feeling like I needed more speed or looseness.

As you know I am RNF96's #1 fan, and I was looking for a board that kept that same speed I've gotten used to but in a longer length and a thruster setup (tall order). This fit that bill to a T. It felt so good to have this much speed and make proper thruster turns again. It's obviously less loose than the RNF96 given the fin setup and length, but not any less fun.

There is an X factor to this board that I already love after one session.
Have you ever had a Disco Cheater? That one has been on my list for a while. Now I'm debating between the tried and true vs the new and improved...

Reactions: Aruka
Jun 21, 2021
Which fins is everyone using on his Disco Cheater? I am especially curious what you are using for bowly beach breaks. And for weaker mushier conditions.

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Do we like Sharpeyes standard PU glassing? Hold up? I asked xtr if they had the file but never heard back
they do all their glassing in-house and it seems pretty solid. lots of local shops in our area stay stocked with off the rack PUs and they've all felt good under arm to me.