Sharpeye Surfboards

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
@Sharkbiscuit
0-2 on a weekday at the lesser known / popular spots, 6-7 on a Sunday at the proper spots. Here's a few more impressions. Not sure I'd go if I was living in the US of A though, think something like Peru or Chile would be less expensive and have even better wave quality.

Screenshot_20231109_193326_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20231109_193350_Photos.jpg

IMG_20211117_174906_287.jpgScreenshot_20231109_193220_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20231109_193230_Photos.jpg

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
Nope :( took the maguro for its maiden voyage today though (another 2nd hand steal). Have yet to ride a sharpeye that I don't like
excited to hear your ride report on the Cheat Code when you get it. I'd be close to the same dims as the one you ordered

Reactions: claw87

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
@Sharkbiscuit
0-2 on a weekday at the lesser known / popular spots, 6-7 on a Sunday at the proper spots. Here's a few more impressions. Not sure I'd go if I was living in the US of A though, think something like Peru or Chile would be less expensive and have even better wave quality.
Peru's a 6 hour drive and a 5-6 hour flight. I've been there three times and the crowds - if it's any good at all - are on a par with the very worst spots in Florida in terms of size and lack of waves to go around, and hilariously worse in terms of etiquette - far more drop-ins. The more perfect spots up North look even harder to not get shut down on and the spots around Punta Hermosa, while being hilariously more consistent than Florida especially in our Summer, are bumpy, burgery cutback fests compared to our more HP beachbreaks.

Chile is even further and, if youtube is any indication, just as awful as Peru. The points are packed to the gills with hassling drop-in artists and the spongers at the reefs up North are brutal and a drop in there with how shallow the reefs are could be extremely dangerous.

Thanks for sharing the photo stock!!!

Maguro the twin or quad?

• Sad

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Met Sharpeye's color guy, Jeffery, this morning. We're both at the tire shop down the street and got to talking on our way back to our respective places of work. Super nice guy and it turns out we know a bunch of the same people. Small world.
Here is his insta. He has done some pretty iconic boards going back to the 70s. SNI, Eberly, Rusty. Boards under the feet of guys like Todd Chesser and Kalani Robb in the Momentum era. My very first board, a Rick Hammon SNI, that I got in 1983 has one of his sprays.

Last edited:
Reactions: npsp

npsp

Miki Dora status
Dec 30, 2003
down the hill and to the right
Visit site
It's funny what a small world it is. He asked me where I usually surf and I told him what my regular spot was and he started dropping names of guys I've surfed with since Jr. HS and the spray jobs he did for them. It's funny that I remembered most of the boards he mentioned but I can barley remember my SAP login half the time....
We cracked up on the memory of the sprays Eberly had him do on a few of one of my good friends boards in the 80s. Good times.
Super nice guy.

Reactions: j_mac

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
Paging @cjs2002 - do you miss the quad rear option on your cheat code? I've received mine today. It was supposed to be a tri quad but came as thruster only. Now I gotta decide if I'm keeping it or have them redo it. No extra costs for a remake, but no discount to keep the current one either. The sales guy told me Marcio wanted my board to be thruster only as the tail on this shape is rather narrow, I'm calling BS. At least they could have asked me :shrug:

• Sad
Reactions: trifish and Havoc

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
Paging @cjs2002 - do you miss the quad rear option on your cheat code? I've received mine today. It was supposed to be a tri quad but came as thruster only. Now I gotta decide if I'm keeping it or have them redo it. No extra costs for a remake, but no discount to keep the current one either. The sales guy told me Marcio wanted my board to be thruster only as the tail on this shape is rather narrow, I'm calling BS. At least they could have asked me :shrug:
surf industry smh

trifish

Billy Hamilton status
Sep 23, 2009
Shred City
"The sales guy told me Marcio wanted my board to be thruster only as the tail on this shape is rather narrow " I'm a pretty understanding guy when people are honest, but I'd be inclined to make them remake it after trying to pass that bs off. Not to mention that board looks like it would be a lot of fun as a quad on small days.

Reactions: oeste858 and claw87

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
"The sales guy told me Marcio wanted my board to be thruster only as the tail on this shape is rather narrow " I'm a pretty understanding guy when people are honest, but I'd be inclined to make them remake it after trying to pass that bs off. Not to mention that board looks like it would be a lot of fun as a quad on small days.
Thanks for the feedback, I was wondering whether I'm being too much of a diva haha. I'll ask for a new one. Just glad I have enough boards, if this would have happened to my 20yo self I would have been devastated

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
PS the call was hilarious, amongst some other stuff he even tried to convince me the tail would be too narrow to accommodate the plugs. Enough gossip for today now haha

cjs2002

Nep status
Jan 24, 2008
not at all. I'm super happy with the board using T1 Alphas + trailer. I have the swallow tail version though. I've also liked it as a thruster but the T1 Alphas brought it to a whole new level of fun. The board is super fast on it's own so you would want some kind of center fin.

claw87

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 30, 2017
not at all. I'm super happy with the board using T1 Alphas + trailer. I have the swallow tail version though. I've also liked it as a thruster but the T1 Alphas brought it to a whole new level of fun. The board is super fast on it's own so you would want some kind of center fin.
Damn you're not making this any easier :roflmao: