Refusing the vaccine?????

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
When you so generously get your employees vaccinated, don't have them all vaccinated on the same day, particularly the second dose, to prevent them from all being post-vac sick at the same time.
A few of them had some strange reactions. One had her lymph nodes swell up under her arm to the point where it was difficult to lower her arm all the way. That one would have concerned me a little. But it was gone in less than 24 hours and she was told it was no big deal. They say people who have no reaction to the vaccine are probably not getting the immune response that they should. Younger people tend to have a more significant reaction than older people. My wife got a sore shoulder.

sizzld1

Phil Edwards status
Mar 31, 2009
Is it though?

I know an employer can require such things of a new employee (ie: they enter into an agreement before getting the job) but I’m not so sure that an employer can say to a current employee that they have to have a specific medical procedure done or they are fired.

I think it’s legal to require but I’m not sure about how far they can really push it.

Also it would open the employer up to liability if the employee has a bad reaction....

I‘m not requiring my employees to take it, and considering what we do we could probably get pretty close to the front of the line (we’re exposed to the public daily in similar numbers to a grocery store worker).
The vast majority of employment agreements are at-will and you can be fired for basically any non-discriminatory reason at any time. That includes refusal to get vaccinated. Only way out of it would be if you had a legitimate religious objection or some health reason / disability that precluded you from getting it.

Reactions: Duffy LaCoronilla