Refusing the vaccine?????

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Was just listening to an interview with an official from my state and the individual was worried about people refusing the vaccination. He specifically cited one of the state's psychiatric hospitals where the vaccine was made fully available yet only 42% of the staff elected to take it. The rest of the staff refused. I've heard a similar story from a friend who works at a local hospital that a significant number of the medical and nursing staff declined to get vaccinated.

In the same interview it was said that 80-90% of the population needs to get vaccinated in order for this thing to go away.

Your thoughts.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
I think it's fair to make a vaccination a term of employment

I'm fine with people refusing it as long as they understand their employment is at will and
it may limit their ability to enjoy some of the perks of modern life....school, air travel, etc

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
My employer mandates the flu vaccine, but if you opt out (or opted out) you had to wear a mask at work (I think). I just got shot #2 of Moderna and I felt pretty damn sick with chills and body aches for about 10 hours on the day after I got it. Thinking that's a positive, that my immune system is being "ramped up" so to speak.

Reactions: JBerry

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
My employer mandates the flu vaccine, but if you opt out (or opted out) you had to wear a mask at work (I think). I just got shot #2 of Moderna and I felt pretty damn sick with chills and body aches for about 10 hours on the day after I got it. Thinking that's a positive, that my immune system is being "ramped up" so to speak.
My friend at the hospital said the first shot was quite painful for a couple of days at the site and that a lot of his colleagues had the feverish symptoms after the second shot. A couple felt sick for up to three days.

afoaf

Duke status
Jun 25, 2008
no, that's the biological operating system that has augmented your genome coming online

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019
You can't grow a Wah Wah pedal without a little pain.

Have they told you where you plug in the guitar?

Ifallalot

Duke status
Dec 17, 2008

I'm fine with people refusing it as long as they understand their employment is at will and
it may limit their ability to enjoy some of the perks of modern life....school, air travel, etc
Authoritarians gonna authoritarian

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
I have been told by numerous sources who have received vaccinations this way that with the rate of no-shows (20% in LA), if you show up at a vaccination site an hour or so before closing, you will get one. This is in LA county anyway.

grapedrink

Duke status
May 21, 2011
A Beach

I agree with this. Although I also feel that if someone doesn't want the vaccine, let someone else who feels they need it more have it.

Let Darwinism take it's course, like the Free Market it works great if you step aside and let it do it's thing :beer:

plasticbertrand

Duke status
Jan 12, 2009
Authoritarians gonna authoritarian
You are consistently struggling with the fact that when you decided to live here, you signed a social contract in which you're explicitly told that you can't harm other people.

There are rules, you can't do whatever you want.

Assimilate or GTFO