Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

estreet

Miki Dora status
Feb 19, 2021
Southern Cali
How did I miss this thread?! Like posing for a centerfold, "Spread 'em."

Impressive quivers!

Here is my garage "surf shop": wax, fins, boards, leashes. I'm laughing at myself, this is like an AA meeting.

Last board pic are my Wave Weapon and Local Motion back from my high school daze in the 80's, both water tight.
-I think the Local Motion is still ridable, feels great under my arm

Right to Left
Pic 1
McLoud Single Fin 35.11L
Rusty Barking Spider 36.21L
Rusty Twin Fin 34.4L

Pic 2
Aipa Wrecking Ball 39.9L
Rusty Heckler 41.0L
Rusty Zeppelin 43.9L

Pic 3
Rusty Hatchet 34.2L
Rusty Rooster 33L

-missing- Pyzel Ghost at the shop 36.6L

Skipping the wetsuit quiver, that is just a necessary evil, like putting a new roof on your house, no enjoyment.
Looks like you have a latent desire to run a surf shop.

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
@JeffRSpicoli tell us more about pic#4
I grew up surfing in South Florida, Palm Beach County and in maybe 9th grade (~1982) picked up The Fox Wave Weapon, think it's 5'6", used it all through high school, with a couple of other Florida brands, really wish I still had my Quiet Flight, so 80's!

The Wave Weapon was shaped by Greg Loehr, who according to some articles was an early innovator in trying to find stronger materials for surfboards, I think he may have been using Epoxy resin at the time. Rusty mentions him in this article from "TheInertia"

-it's a tri-fin, with the center fin being adjustable; seems frozen in place though.
-I've just somehow managed to hang onto the board, almost lost it, leaving it at a buddies house, but reclaimed it and got it fixed up.

The Local Motion, tri-fin glassed on fins, got that my senior year in high school for $500, remember that clearly as my grandpa gave me $500 for Xmas, and blew it all the next day and went surfing with it that afternoon!
An early YOLO man in retrospect.

It's 6'2" and have kept that one pretty clean, fin broke off on a trip to Costa Rica back in 1995, but had it glassed back on. Rode it maybe 8 - 10 years ago, felt great, still seems strong enough to use.
-I think the shaper just has a # vs. a name, I guess I could probably research it.

Happy to add more pics.

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
View attachment 132486

Cleaning up some of the boards this weekend, finally gonna do the pool quiver shot before I die, or before California makes us drain the pools. Just was amazed as I checked out my 11 year old Stu Kenson pleasure pig looking in pristine condition 11 years and 25,000 waves later.
Pool sk8'able:shrug: I well bring the beers:cheers:

Reactions: b.r.

tomminator123

OTF status
Dec 22, 2017