Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
those roundhouses are looking good deforest. Following that leading arm and looking back!

how good is timmy frontside snap/gouge on a few of those

did he give you any pointers?
Timmy is so good! Every spot we went to people would sit and watch and say how good he surfs and how smooth he is.

He told me to "carve down the mountain" on those cutback and "look at the white water" as im turning back because that's where you wanna hit it. We talked about foot placement and arm positioning too. It was an amazing trip! Gave me a whole new perspective on surfing.

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
Is the 7'2 a banjo step up? Looks similar to what I have
It's a Traveler Gun with a round pin instead of the usual swallow. Dedicated quad based on Danny's magic 7'2. We talked about making the board less skatey and allowing for tighter arcs. Flat deck but bladed out. it's hard to explain the unique foil on these boards.

How do you like the your Banjo?

Last edited:
Reactions: rowjimmytour

bluengreen

Michael Peterson status
Oct 22, 2018
SF x Encinitas
It's a good wave quad fish. 6'1, 20.25, 2 5/8. Handles anything from punchy chest high waves to well overhead. Because his boards are designed and tested around OBSF, they want some juice, even though they don't look like it upon first glance.

It's replacing my 6'0 Traveler, which I bought off the rack at Mollusk SF. I liked that board a lot, but it was a bit too much of a fatty for me.

I mentioned this to Danny when I was in the shop ordering the 7'2. He said that the boards he sends to Mollusk are pedestrian versions and that he would have done something different had I come in for a custom. He offered to let me trade in my 6'0 for a refined 6'1, et voila!

Last edited:

btesser

OTF status
Jul 18, 2005
LA
Visit site
Partial quiver shot (I just pulled the boards I am selecting from for my upcoming trip to the Maldives - I have many more). Forecast looks kind of meh. So I might add my Lovelace sidecut keel to the mix.

Left to right:
-6'1" Lovelace "Pinnyback" - bought used and ridden 2x. Outline seems a bit similar to a hypto krypto. Could be fun.
-6'2" Fineline "hulled quad"
-5'10" Surf Prescriptions "wonder twin"
-6'4" Surf Prescriptions "tur twin pin" - My daily driver and go-to for big and small waves
-6'2" Allan Gibbons "travel twin" (not a real model, just his name for this custom). I had this board shaped for my trip. Similar outline to a CI Twin Pin. Initial ride impressions suggest this may be my go to for the trip,.
-6'5" Campbell Bros. "Russ Short" - Need I say more?? (Don't think the forecast merits bringing this one...)

Attachments

lofatkilla

Legend (inyourownmind)
Apr 13, 2004
VENTURA, CA
Partial quiver shot (I just pulled the boards I am selecting from for my upcoming trip to the Maldives - I have many more). Forecast looks kind of meh. So I might add my Lovelace sidecut keel to the mix.

Left to right:
-6'1" Lovelace "Pinnyback" - bought used and ridden 2x. Outline seems a bit similar to a hypto krypto. Could be fun.
-6'2" Fineline "hulled quad"
-5'10" Surf Prescriptions "wonder twin"
-6'4" Surf Prescriptions "tur twin pin" - My daily driver and go-to for big and small waves
-6'2" Allan Gibbons "travel twin" (not a real model, just his name for this custom). I had this board shaped for my trip. Similar outline to a CI Twin Pin. Initial ride impressions suggest this may be my go to for the trip,.
-6'5" Campbell Bros. "Russ Short" - Need I say more?? (Don't think the forecast merits bringing this one...)
Love this collection.