Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

rowjimmytour

Tom Curren status
Feb 7, 2009
Could definitely build something for a lot less. I've done cheap racks when storing a lot of boards similar to sdsrfr's link. They are effective and do the job just fine. Just tools, material costs, and the amount of time you want to spend. These guys use 3/4 birch hardwood and are built well. Good materials, rounded corners, well designed for assembly/disassembly and they look good. No complaints really.
Time is money but to be a home owner most need to have a good tool set etc unless you have means to pay others to do the work always which is fine as well but like to do things on my own :shrug:

Reactions: trifish

sdsrfr

Phil Edwards status
Jul 13, 2020
San Diego
With lumbar prices where they are, I am pretty sure I wouldn’t have saved much building mine, and it would have taken my time away from the bathtubs needing caulk and backyard needing weeds pulled, base board requiring touch up paint, etc. etc.

home brew solutions require time which is synonymous with money. choose your efforts wisely.

there is a reason I don’t make my own surfboards, either.

Bob Dobbalina

Miki Dora status
Feb 23, 2016
I might consider buying one of those racks if I had to keep my boards in the house. Particularly the cheaper one.

Currently, and for just about my entire life, they've leaned in a corner of my garage with no storage system.

I DO need to put down the little rug underneath them that I've been meaning to do for 4 months now though. I didn't have it when I moved my boards in and I told myself, well, I'll probably never put it in there now since I'll never pull all of my boards out. now it sites right next to my pile of boards. Full of intention, but no payoff.

therarebirdshow

OTF status
Jan 28, 2013
www.amazon.com
I might consider buying one of those racks if I had to keep my boards in the house. Particularly the cheaper one.

Currently, and for just about my entire life, they've leaned in a corner of my garage with no storage system.

I DO need to put down the little rug underneath them that I've been meaning to do for 4 months now though. I didn't have it when I moved my boards in and I told myself, well, I'll probably never put it in there now since I'll never pull all of my boards out. now it sites right next to my pile of boards. Full of intention, but no payoff.
Gonna do a CPS-style house check next time I sell a board. Need to make sure it's going to a loving home :LOL:

Retropete

Phil Edwards status
Jan 20, 2006
Sunny Coast Qld Australia
I think he has a small warehouse he rents out to store all his goodies. :LOL: :LOL:
Never mind the size of the warehouse...I'm more intrigued by how on earth he decides which board/boards to take to the beach and how he doesn't sit out in the lineup thinking, "bugger, should have brought the (insert board name here which is 1" longer/shorter & 1/2 wider or 1/8" thicker) instead?
Like Eeny, meeny, miney, moe isn't going to cut it most times.
Maybe he has a blindfold and his spreadsheet on a dart board?
Several 21 sided dice?
A used Lottery machine?
:roflmao:

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
Here are a couple of bonus shots for you

Closet full of wetsuits and fins quiver:
View attachment 107974
- Need Essentials 1.5 mil top (total garbage)
- Excel 2 mil spring suit (bought this winter on sale for upcoming summer)
- Isurus 2/2 Full zipperless (great suit, getting a little over-stretched in the shoulders)
- Isurus 4/3 from when I was in SF but still useful for shoulder seasons here, actually about to put the 5/4 away and bust this out for a month or so
- Solite 3mil boots + 2mil reef boots
- Half a dozen pairs of fins
- DaKine white day bag, some board sock, and wet-dry backpack for lugging my sh!t out to the car and down to the beach

Drying set-up on the other side of the desk:
View attachment 107975
I rinse everything at the beach then use a thick poncho and wrap the suit and boots/gloves in it before I leave the beach so it's half dry when I get home, then I set the boots/gloves up on the fan and it all gets dried out pretty quick. Pro-tip when your spouse is like "Hey your gear is stinking up the apartment again" just be like "yeah I'm totally going to wash it next time" until it's time to change wetsuits for the season ;-).

The logistics of surfing frequently and living in BK are a pain but I have that sht dialed at this point lol
How did I not find this thread earlier....I throw all my gear into the washing machine now, gets rid of stink and for glove & booties this thing is a dream

1654775951814.png

JeffRSpicoli

Nep status
Aug 9, 2019
How did I miss this thread?! Like posing for a centerfold, "Spread 'em."

Impressive quivers!

Here is my garage "surf shop": wax, fins, boards, leashes. I'm laughing at myself, this is like an AA meeting.

Last board pic are my Wave Weapon and Local Motion back from my high school daze in the 80's, both water tight.
-I think the Local Motion is still ridable, feels great under my arm

Right to Left
Pic 1
McLoud Single Fin 35.11L
Rusty Barking Spider 36.21L
Rusty Twin Fin 34.4L

Pic 2
Aipa Wrecking Ball 39.9L
Rusty Heckler 41.0L
Rusty Zeppelin 43.9L

Pic 3
Rusty Hatchet 34.2L
Rusty Rooster 33L

-missing- Pyzel Ghost at the shop 36.6L

Skipping the wetsuit quiver, that is just a necessary evil, like putting a new roof on your house, no enjoyment.

Attachments