Quiver Shots - Post 'em up!

MathDebater

Michael Peterson status
Apr 13, 2016
SD
Maybe i missed it but it always seems crazy to me that brands don’t promote winners of their contests more. Seems like a good marketing opportunity they already paid for. Anyways, that’s epic!

Reactions: jkb and ReForest

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Maybe i missed it but it always seems crazy to me that brands don’t promote winners of their contests more. Seems like a good marketing opportunity they already paid for. Anyways, that’s epic!
Totally agree. I thought maybe I would have been interviewed or at least had some sort of post on their insta... but nothing. I was told by some friends that they always wondered whether or not those contests were real or valid. I think it would increase brand awareness if they promoted the winners just a little. Just to show they are really doing it.

Timmy was going to help me put together a little "thank you" video with clips from the trip and a little Q&A between him and I about the brand that O'Neill could use and promote... but we never did it.

toowalled

Nep status
Jul 3, 2014
Totally agree. I thought maybe I would have been interviewed or at least had some sort of post on their insta... but nothing. I was told by some friends that they always wondered whether or not those contests were real or valid. I think it would increase brand awareness if they promoted the winners just a little. Just to show they are really doing it.

Timmy was going to help me put together a little "thank you" video with clips from the trip and a little Q&A between him and I about the brand that O'Neill could use and promote... but we never did it.
Stoked what did you win a trip and gear ?Did you make a video for your youtube?

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
Stoked what did you win a trip and gear ?Did you make a video for your youtube?
No gear, just the trip. :cry:

Yeah... I made a little video at K59.

It was rad. I would surf and Timmy would film. Then I would come in for some water, get some feedback, and then he would surf and I would film. Then we'd finish and have beers after. It was an epic trip. But some gear would have been nice for sure.

Goodfish

Michael Peterson status
Feb 22, 2014
Yeah. I won the Jack O'Neill contest.
They paid for the flights, and Timmy's Surf Mission travel package. No boars, but it was all good. I was more than happy to pay the $100.00.
Any indication your bromance with Timmy helped your chances in the lotto? :unsure:

• Haha
Reactions: rowjimmytour

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020
What was the contest entry requirements?
You had 12 hours to enter (12pm to 12am) on Jack O'Neill day.
They wanted a photo or video posted to your account showing how you celebrated Jack O'Neill day and you had to tag O'neill's instagram account in the post and use the hashtag #jackoneillday. I believe those were the only requirements.

I made a sign, filmed a short video at the beach with my surfboard in hand... and boom!

tedshred5

Michael Peterson status
Aug 5, 2015
You had 12 hours to enter (12pm to 12am) on Jack O'Neill day.
They wanted a photo or video posted to your account showing how you celebrated Jack O'Neill day and you had to tag O'neill's instagram account in the post and use the hashtag #jackoneillday. I believe those were the only requirements.

I made a sign, filmed a short video at the beach with my surfboard in hand... and boom!
that's what I call a good ROI