Pyzel Mini Ghost

SeaFoamGreen

Gerry Lopez status
Apr 10, 2009
NorOR
:ROFLMAO: more like guilt power just dropped some serious coin on a kitchen remodel putting the last bits on a credit card. No interest until 2023 thou :unsure:

• Love
Reactions: MathDebater

j_mac

Legend (inyourownmind)
Aug 16, 2020
Any updates/reviews on the Mini Ghost, I am ready to YOLO one. I went to a few local shops non were in stock, so appreciate any insight.

rgruber

Miki Dora status
May 30, 2004
Regular Ghost would work in that. You might like the extra length for paddling if it's shifty with lots of water moving and gives you more upper range.

Mini Ghost or Phantom for chest high - 1 ft overhead Outer Banks? Felt em up and liked both, can only afford one.

frontsidegrab

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 4, 2014
Regular Ghost would work in that. You might like the extra length for paddling if it's shifty with lots of water moving and gives you more upper range.
+1 for regular ghost. That’s what I surf in those conditions when I’m there.

Dec 5, 2010
Thanks fellas, Ghost is a no brainer for the good days but thinking more about those average-fun days, was set on a mini-ghost til I felt up a phantom, now torn

dirtandrib

OTF status
Jan 24, 2011
NC
Mini Ghost or Phantom for chest high - 1 ft overhead Outer Banks? Felt em up and liked both, can only afford one.
I have had a phantom and have a ghost in close to the same volumes (+/- .5). I have surfed both in NC surf, in the Outer Banks and in the Southern Outer Banks (weaker), and can say that both handle that surf easily. I did not find the Phantom to be significantly better in chest to waist high bowls with steep faces. For the Outer Banks surf chest high+ is the ghost's bread and butter.

I have not ridden nor seen the mini ghost. In experience the phantom xl or mini-ghost is better companion for under chest high and up hollow, powerful surf. The Ghost is a great board for the conditions in the Outer Banks you mentioned.

waxfoot

Michael Peterson status
Apr 21, 2018
I've not surfed the mini-ghost, but the Phantom's an incredible board, and you can't make a mistake in picking it up. One thing that I've not heard anyone else comment on, is just how any fin works in it. Raked, upright, flexy, stiff...Thruster, Quad, it doesn't matter, it just works.