Pros who were "Cancelled"

Duffy LaCoronilla

Duke status
Apr 27, 2016
This one is a travesty that can be put squarely on the shoulders of dreadful mediocrity Matt George. I knew Cheyne really well during his years here in Bali. Incredibly sweet and thoughtful fellow, but clearly scarred and deeply hurt by that ridiculous article and its subsequent pan surf world blow-back that seemed to drag on forever. In the years I knew him he was a high blooded and adventurous heterosexual player, if he was anything other than that when Matt George wrote the bit of homophobic and scurrilous drivel, who gives a flying fvkc? I personally have my doubts, but that's a meanigless non starter to even pursue.
Wow, I had no idea the Cheyne Horan is gay.

That explains his choice in surfboards…

Booty tail, phallic fin, fabulous colors….

Senor Sopa

Billy Hamilton status
Mar 11, 2015
Ponto
Chappy Jennings, aka The General - too much glue
Johnny Boy Gomes - too violent
I think this is the name, Damian Harwood, world champ, then nothing - too boring to watch
Bobby Martinez - too vocal in criticisms

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Chappy Jennings, aka The General - too much glue
Johnny Boy Gomes - too violent
I think this is the name, Damian Harwood, world champ, then nothing - too boring to watch
Bobby Martinez - too vocal in criticisms
Damian Hardman - but being a blue collar Aussie seems similar to being Albee Layer or Melanie Bartels or anyone else who isn't useful marketing clothing to kids in the Lower 48, not some sort of legal/moral transgression.

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
horan probably would have won a title on a normal board
i never knew he was a competitive skater

Horan began surfing on a Coolite at Bondi Beach at age 10. He won the New South Wales Juniors title in 1974 and was the Australian schoolboys champion in 1976. That year, he captured the Coke Australian Open Skateboard Championship. The only surfer/skater to hold both titles and also in the same year.
http://instagr.am/p/CRFIcC_jR7r/
looks like hes straight: he proposed to his girlfriend Paulina, and they were married in May of 2000.

claims he invented the floater: He was voted best surfer in the world by his peers on numerous occasions and has created one of the major moves in pro surfing the “Floater”.
1656343116101.png
1656342366769.png

i went a bit off topic here, i dont think he canceled himself, but maybe he canceled his own world title dreams by not getting on a twinny

Reactions: rowjimmytour

Duke status
Feb 20, 2003
‘The top surfer from any beach could defeat any women (sic) that I’ve ever seen and that goes for Freida (Zamba) or Jodie (Cooper) or any of them, I think that they have that slightly out of perspective.’
Nat Young said that. The Godfather of Australian surfing. The great icon. He said that on national television.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
‘The top surfer from any beach could defeat any women (sic) that I’ve ever seen and that goes for Freida (Zamba) or Jodie (Cooper) or any of them, I think that they have that slightly out of perspective.’
Nat Young said that. The Godfather of Australian surfing. The great icon. He said that on national television.

Different times - reality was held in higher regard.

hammies

Duke status
Apr 8, 2006
Pretty much any pro who wins contests but isn't good looking enough or is not good at marketing soft goods to kids.

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta