Potential Move to Puerto Rico

INDTUBE

Legend (inyourownmind)
Nov 6, 2019
Killer - so ballpark how much will the all in cost be for land and construction.

slipped_disc

Billy Hamilton status
Jun 27, 2019

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
Inspiring to see. What’s the story with water service down there? Hook up to city? Rainwater harvesting?
I will probably put an inline water cistern. Connect the cistern and fill with city water before it goes into the house so I have a full tank when a water outage happens.

PR has a much bigger problem with electrical outages compared to water outages. I've had many power outages on the island but no water outages as of yet.

Where he's at I'm sure its city water.
Yes there is a city water hookup, electrical pole right in front of my land. The water and electric was already there when i bought the land but it was raw otherwise. I will have a septic system with a tank. There is no city sewer there.

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I will probably put an inline water cistern. Connect the cistern and fill with city water before it goes into the house so I have a full tank when a water outage happens.

PR has a much bigger problem with electrical outages compared to water outages. I've had many power outages on the island but no water outages as of yet.

Yes there is a city water hookup, electrical pole right in front of my land. The water and electric was already there when i bought the land but it was raw otherwise. I will have a septic system with a tank. There is no city sewer there.
How big is your lot?

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit

We use a 2 deposit system. All sewage empties into 1st deposit which has a small 5kw electric engine that pumps the exhaust into the bottom of the deposit .... when the 1st overflows it goes into a 2nd which has a submersible pump in it which draws from the Grey water to irrigate all non edible plants on our lot.

:shrug:

City water comes into a 900 liter deposit, which in turn overflows into a 1200 liter underground, which feeds the house. Over ground allows a lot of the desalination leftover crap to evaporate out before going underground to get cooled down before heading into our taps inside after passing thru a 3 phase water purification filter ... insures cleaner cooler water to the house, and gives us a 2100 liter back up for when the shortages inevitably occur.

:waving::shaka:

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
We use a 2 deposit system. All sewage empties into 1st deposit which has a small 5kw electric engine that pumps the exhaust into the bottom of the deposit .... when the 1st overflows it goes into a 2nd which has a submersible pump in it which draws from the Grey water to irrigate all non edible plants on our lot.

:shrug:

City water comes into a 900 liter deposit, which in turn overflows into a 1200 liter underground, which feeds the house. Over ground allows a lot of the desalination leftover crap to evaporate out before going underground to get cooled down before heading into our taps inside after passing thru a 3 phase water purification filter ... insures cleaner cooler water to the house, and gives us a 2100 liter back up for when the shortages inevitably occur.

:waving::shaka:
This sounds like an awesome system! im going basic to start with just the plain city hookup. I havent heard many issues with water in my area thankfully!!

Ranga

Billy Hamilton status
Dec 31, 2008
I've only been there on vacation -- how's cost of living compared to stateside?

ULUSURFER

Gerry Lopez status
Jan 2, 2007
Australia
Visit site
I've only been there on vacation -- how's cost of living compared to stateside?
gas can be cheaper, food is roughly the same as california. Cars are very expensive as is electricity. Things can be found for very cheap if you know where to look. I generally think its similar to a middle to high cost state with the exception of housing.

• Wow
Reactions: SurfFuerteventura

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
gas can be cheaper, food is roughly the same as california. Cars are very expensive as is electricity. Things can be found for very cheap if you know where to look. I generally think its similar to a middle to high cost state with the exception of housing.
Holy Crap.

I left there in '78... 13 years old, completely unconscious of the costs of said things. However, you could score a solid pound of Doña Juana quality buds for 50 dollars. Imagine.

:eek::rolleyes::geek:

Reactions: Ttboi