Potential Move to Puerto Rico

Nov 30, 2022
Charleston
Visiting for a month in february and staying with a friend, haven't been in 20+ years...now that my job is remote im considering moving from SD to isabela PR and building a house. Lots look like a reasonable price about 5 mins from Jobos and from what I can tell its fairly safe.

Any tips for the trip? anyone know anyone who was moved down there before? Will I like the surf there much better than NCSD?
Hello @gerry, Nice to meet you!! I am matt..Just joined this community. Would love to share my thoughts on it.

before that would like to say have a great time in Isabela!!

Isabela is the kind of destination to just enjoy the ride, with breathtaking oceanfront vistas, lush, breezy mountains, tropical rainforests, and one of the Caribbean's coolest culinary scenes.

wedge2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 20, 2011
Scored a couple of insanely cheap tickets to PR today. Direct flight for $79 per person round trip. Probably going to get an airBNB somewhere down the hill from your hood Ulu for this trip.
Nice, have a link?

wedge2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 20, 2011
NM found a round trip deal in earl feb for $149...may just pull the trigger

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
Nice, have a link?
Spirit airlines. They suck but they run direct flights from Philadelphia to San Juan. The trick is to go to the airport and buy at the ticket counter rather than buying on the website. They use a 3rd party for the website who takes a slice. Saved $92 by buying the tickets at the local airport even though I will be flying out of Philadelphia.

• Wow
Reactions: MathDebater

wedge2

Legend (inyourownmind)
Jan 20, 2011
NM found
Spirit airlines. They suck but they run direct flights from Philadelphia to San Juan. The trick is to go to the airport and buy at the ticket counter rather than buying on the website. They use a 3rd party for the website who takes a slice. Saved $92 by buying the tickets at the local airport even though I will be flying out of Philadelphia.
Nice, yeah I'll be flying into Aguadilla so it's a little more...insane deal.

GromsDad

Duke status
Jan 21, 2014
West of the Atlantic. East of the ICW.
NM found

Nice, yeah I'll be flying into Aguadilla so it's a little more...insane deal.
I've done that flight a few times but try to avoid it for a couple of reasons. Flying out of AC or Philadelphia it connects in Fort Lauderdale and lands at 2:30 in the morning. When flying with board bags I try to avoid switching planes to minimize the risk to the boards. I'll gladly pay more for a non-stop or in this case land at an airport a 2 hour drive away so I can avoid layovers and changing planes.