Palm Springs Surf Club

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Hard to say -Urbn surf in Melbourne is the only one I have direct experience of- seems to have a viable trade and business model.

Wave is OK- fun enough- but not enough to get me to part with my money again.

brukuns

Tom Curren status
Mar 5, 2014
Sao Paulo/Brazil
Principle.

Fcuk wave pools- I hope they all end up as mouldy holes in the ground within a decade.
As someone who lives almost 2 hours away from the nearest surf, I respectfully disagree. In fact I want wave pools every freaking where, all shapes and sizes. The more the merrier... let them fight for customers, have promotions and deals. Eventually people will get too lazy they won't surf in the ocean anymore (which is exponentially harder) and maybe the crowd will finally start to decrease.

Peasants will not get their wave pools until all rich people are properly satisfied though... then we can finally get some scraps, as often happens in all aspects of life.

Reactions: Hdip and Havoc

BrownFish

Michael Peterson status
Mar 5, 2005
I surfed WACO back in May for 3 days (2 sessions/day). It was fun. Different, but still fun. I was able to get Palm Springs public reservations for myself and 3 friends mid January for Intermediate A-Frames, hour rest, then Lefts/Rights. We'll see how it goes. I don't know how they do the math on the private sessions, but definately won't be paying that. I doubt the average surfer will. I think they are hoping the Brands in Southern California are going to soak them up, and/or business retreats, etc.

Reactions: Hdip and sdsrfr

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Principle.

Fcuk wave pools- I hope they all end up as mouldy holes in the ground within a decade.
Elitist Hater. Trust me if you had all of Jax Pier and Mayport at Lennox you'd be digging a hole, pissing tins into it, and farting into a submerged pvc pipe organ so fast your head would spin.

Chlorine destroys wetsuits
Pffft. Please. You are like the State of California and carcinogens when it comes to wetsuits. Storing it, putting it on, surfing in it, pissing in it, taking it off, rinsing it, drying it - it all causes wetsuit cancer.

Reactions: ReForest

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
As someone who lives almost 2 hours away from the nearest surf, I respectfully disagree. In fact I want wave pools every freaking where, all shapes and sizes. The more the merrier... let them fight for customers, have promotions and deals. Eventually people will get too lazy they won't surf in the ocean anymore (which is exponentially harder) and maybe the crowd will finally start to decrease.

Peasants will not get their wave pools until all rich people are properly satisfied though... then we can finally get some scraps, as often happens in all aspects of life.
Sorry pal.
Reverse will happen.

They will get more expensive, more exclusive.

That trend is now well established.

And lead to more kooks in the ocean.

No disrespect, because I hold you in the highest regard after you massive W over Kelly Slater- but if you live 2hrs from the beach, find another hobby.

Not every human desire is fulfillable and nor should it be.

• Wow
Reactions: Havoc and ReForest

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Sorry pal.
Reverse will happen.

They will get more expensive, more exclusive.

That trend is now well established.

And lead to more kooks in the ocean.

No disrespect, because I hold you in the highest regard after you massive W over Kelly Slater- but if you live 2hrs from the beach, find another hobby.

Not every human desire is fulfillable and nor should it be.
Fucking hell could you delete that post (I'll zap this one with it quoted) and disrespect him instead?

He's not asking for every human desire, he just wants a monthly asshole bleaching with a side of sections.

:(

freeride76

Michael Peterson status
Dec 31, 2009
Lennox Head.
Then either a: move to the beach or
b: move next to a wave pool.

Am I being unreasonable?

I'd love to throw single rigged Sluggoes on spin gear at giant tarpon or chase permit on the flats - I can't do that without getting on a tin bird and flying across the Pacific.

Same principle, no?

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
Then either a: move to the beach or
b: move next to a wave pool.

Am I being unreasonable?

I'd love to throw single rigged Sluggoes on spin gear at giant tarpon or chase permit on the flats - I can't do that without getting on a tin bird and flying across the Pacific.

Same principle, no?
You're not being unreasonable. Your post was just, "I respect you, but let me douse your dreams in gas, strike a match, and yoga-breathe to the sound of the screams."

Also our boy just wants some Brazzo slop or some chlorine two tappers. He's not asking for Taovaoraoa.

You are talking about some epic flavors of light-tackle angling. And I might add if you saw the lockjaw tarpon normally have and how skittish permit are in shallow water....trying to get a permit to eat in shallow water is like trying to strike up a conversation with a starlet in front of the paparazzi at an airport. The bonefish in Biscayne Bay recognize bonefish flies more readily than most bonefish guides.

I'd say take the tin bird across the Indian. The Tarpon in West Africa reportedly don't discuss what new products were at the last ICAST convention in Orlando - trust me every Tarpon in the West Atlantic can tell a Zoom from a Z-man at 100 yards in coffee-colored water - the ones in The Gabon might actually eat.

Casting at Tarpon in Florida is like hitting on supermodels. If your cast is really good, you can see a brief flicker of annoyance as they swim past your perfectly presented offering. Otherwise you're not worth the oxygen it takes to say fuck off.

Trust me you're better off throwing poppers around patch reefs and reef ledges where you are.

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
You're not being unreasonable. Your post was just, "I respect you, but let me douse your dreams in gas, strike a match, and yoga-breathe to the sound of the screams."

Also our boy just wants some Brazzo slop or some chlorine two tappers. He's not asking for Taovaoraoa.

You are talking about some epic flavors of light-tackle angling. And I might add if you saw the lockjaw tarpon normally have and how skittish permit are in shallow water....trying to get a permit to eat in shallow water is like trying to strike up a conversation with a starlet in front of the paparazzi at an airport. The bonefish in Biscayne Bay recognize bonefish flies more readily than most bonefish guides.

I'd say take the tin bird across the Indian. The Tarpon in West Africa reportedly don't discuss what new products were at the last ICAST convention in Orlando - trust me every Tarpon in the West Atlantic can tell a Zoom from a Z-man at 100 yards in coffee-colored water - the ones in The Gabon might actually eat.

Casting at Tarpon in Florida is like hitting on supermodels. If your cast is really good, you can see a brief flicker of annoyance as they swim past your perfectly presented offering. Otherwise you're not worth the oxygen it takes to say fuck off.

Trust me you're better off throwing poppers around patch reefs and reef ledges where you are.
bro lay off the sativa

Reactions: PRCD

ReForest

Michael Peterson status
Oct 7, 2020

Is this even english?