keenfish

Duke status
May 12, 2002
Trona
www.pbase.com

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I'm cutting my calories so my boards will float me in fresh water.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
That wave was made for Mason...it looks like most of what he surfs in his videos...its a funny time for wavepools - the money equation means that this is what is available, a fun short barrel to closeout section..I wonder if that will change while I can still surf - It seems clear that they could make a pool that pumps out doh perfect pipe..it would just cost too much to be viable. When we get something like that, I wonder if pool criticism will vanish.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I’m down.
@ReForest @casa_mugrienta @vanrysss? We can all use aliases if you like. I"ll be Mister Pink.
That wave was made for Mason...it looks like most of what he surfs in his videos...its a funny time for wavepools - the money equation means that this is what is available, a fun short barrel to closeout section..I wonder if that will change while I can still surf - It seems clear that they could make a pool that pumps out doh perfect pipe..it would just cost too much to be viable. When we get something like that, I wonder if pool criticism will vanish.
So are you coming or what?

One-Off

Tom Curren status
Jul 28, 2005
33.8N - 118.4W
I'd rather be in the ocean no matter how sh!t the waves. They should put some money into artificial reefs. The South Bay has had plenty of swell. I'd sit nad watch lines come in that in a normal year would have been fun, but they try, but no, just pound on the shore.

Problem with artificial reefs is you couldn't charge money.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
I booked this AM for mid Jan - woulda been fun with some of you guys but had stuff going on and could not access the erBB to collude.

I chose the Intermediate A-frame as the Left and Right were booked out any day I was off.

The Slab looks like a one-way ticket to Eisenhower, really tricky.
Seeing Mason Ho wiping out on it several times was not reassuring, and I'm guessing it would take at least a session to figure it out since it's a bounce.

I don't regret booking but unless the cost drops it will be my first and last time.

A novelty experience.

3 waves every 1.5 minutes shared with 12 people over 1 hour for $160.

It's basically a really expensive lift ticket...but you're getting so much less for your money.

Last edited:

Hdip

Michael Peterson status
Apr 23, 2005
Malibu, CA
I didn't see any single rider slots open when I just looked. You can book private sessions on the webpage right now though.

Different days have different prices. They recommend 12 people at a time. The max is 24 though. 2 hour sessions in December. Either $6000 or $10000 depending on the day. 1 hour sessions in January. $4000 and $6000.

In January non-surfing guests will need to pay a $20 entry fee which get's them access to heated lazy river and other amenities. 3 bars, restaurant. You can reserve cabana's.

Drumsurf

Billy Hamilton status
Nov 4, 2012
Beach
I’m down. My mom always trying to get me to come visit in La Quinta. Told her late January now that the pool is open and I can reserve a spot. $200 for the lefts/rights is steep but I’ll try it once.

Reactions: ReForest

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
its no coincidence they use tiny groms and small pros to make demo videos lol.
David Lee Scales is at least 6'2.
The videos I saw the wave was short and just so-so even though you can bet they had it cranked to the max for the pros they brought in for the promo videos. Reminds me of the indoor NJ wave just scaled up by 15%.
Not even close. The NJ wave pool looks more like the Allentown wavepool from the 80s.

menobrah

Gerry Lopez status
Feb 28, 2021
David Lee Scales is at least 6'2.

Not even close. The NJ wave pool looks more like the Allentown wavepool from the 80s.

The nj wavepool is pure dogshit....no doubt. This pool looks really fun but no way is it a dream wave...probably be irrelevant in 5 yrs

Last edited:
Reactions: Havoc