Palm Springs Surf Club

Sharkbiscuit

Duke status
Aug 6, 2003
Jacksonville Beach
bro lay off the sativa
Next time you ask me a question about Florida I'm going to f--k you harder than a 35 year old Gabonese witch with a literal nose bone and knee-length golf-ball-in-tube-sock t!ts sporting an elephant tusk strap on lubing your turd cutter with tepid beer and your own sweat.

You will be in a firefight so hectic.....you will have so much sh!t stolen.....they'll be taking the wheels off the whip while you're driving. You will come home to your flayed pitbull skewered on your Noah Salsa favorite-for-2023 Titleist Driver getting rotisserie roasted over a fire made of your stolen and snapped in half surf skate in a rusty 55 gallon drum.

Is this even english?

Yes.
Tarpon, Permit, and Bonefish are species of fish.
The Gabon is a country in West Africa.
Biscayne Bay is the bay fronting Miami, with the most suspicious, paranoid, well-educated, and street smart gamefish on the planet.
ICAST is a fishing gear convention
Zoom and Z-man make soft plastic fishing lures quite similar to Sluggos.

Chocki

Phil Edwards status
Feb 18, 2007
Planet Earth
Next time you ask me a question about Florida I'm going to f--k you harder than a 35 year old Gabonese witch with a literal nose bone and knee-length golf-ball-in-tube-sock t!ts sporting an elephant tusk strap on lubing your turd cutter with tepid beer and your own sweat.

You will be in a firefight so hectic.....you will have so much sh!t stolen.....they'll be taking the wheels off the whip while you're driving. You will come home to your flayed pitbull skewered on your Noah Salsa favorite-for-2023 Titleist Driver getting rotisserie roasted over a fire made of your stolen and snapped in half surf skate in a rusty 55 gallon drum.

Yes.
Tarpon, Permit, and Bonefish are species of fish.
The Gabon is a country in West Africa.
Biscayne Bay is the bay fronting Miami, with the most suspicious, paranoid, well-educated, and street smart gamefish on the planet.
ICAST is a fishing gear convention
Zoom and Z-man make soft plastic fishing lures quite similar to Sluggos.
Gabon’s main exports are petroleum, manganese ore and wood products

perfect_wave

OTF status
Dec 5, 2002
I surfed WACO back in May for 3 days (2 sessions/day). It was fun. Different, but still fun. I was able to get Palm Springs public reservations for myself and 3 friends mid January for Intermediate A-Frames, hour rest, then Lefts/Rights. We'll see how it goes. I don't know how they do the math on the private sessions, but definately won't be paying that. I doubt the average surfer will. I think they are hoping the Brands in Southern California are going to soak them up, and/or business retreats, etc.
Hopefully PSSC resolves the issues my friends and I have had there, or I’m about to drop some truth on social media that their slick marketing team won’t like. I’ll give the new Palm Springs pool the benefit of the doubt first. The clock is ticking though.

Reactions: keenfish

perfect_wave

OTF status
Dec 5, 2002
There are some issues with this Palm Springs pool, I’m just giving everyone a heads up. I see this place being shilled by David Lee Scales and Chas Smith on The Grit podcast and all over IG this week. Unfortunately, that’s not the whole story right now. Hopefully they make things right soon.

• Sad
Reactions: Chocki

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
There are some issues with this Palm Springs pool, I’m just giving everyone a heads up. I see this place being shilled by David Lee Scales and Chas Smith on The Grit podcast and all over IG this week. Unfortunately, that’s not the whole story right now. Hopefully they make things right soon.
I thought they weren't even opening until 2024. At any rate, I still haven't started cutting my calories for my ocean boars to float me in salt water. there's always tomorrow.

• Haha
Reactions: silentbutdeadly

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
The machine has issues, yes, but I’m also talking about the way they’ve been dealing with paying guests. Ya’ll will find out soon one way or another. It’s inevitable.
Imagine hopes and dreams being shattered on the erBB

• Haha
Reactions: keenfish

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
What is it with those guys? First they shilled for Album. Now this?

The machine has issues, yes, but I’m also talking about the way they’ve been dealing with paying guests. Ya’ll will find out soon one way or another. It’s inevitable.
So, sounds like you and your pals dropped thousands of dollars on a private session.

a) You're claiming there's issues with the machine - please relay your experience - no need to hold back since you've already made the claim the machine has problems
b) How, exactly, in your experience are they dealing with paying guests?

I did hear they are closing future reservations for now, something about re-evaluating their process, but I don't know if that is actually true.

perfect_wave

OTF status
Dec 5, 2002
What is it with those guys? First they shilled for Album. Now this?

So, sounds like you and your pals dropped thousands of dollars on a private session.

a) You're claiming there's issues with the machine - please relay your experience - no need to hold back since you've already made the claim the machine has problems
b) How, exactly, in your experience are they dealing with paying guests?

I did hear they are closing future reservations for now, something about re-evaluating their process, but I don't know if that is actually true.
Yea I dunno what deal David Lee Scales and Chas Smith have with PSSC. David praised it as the best wave pool while putting down the others. Chas even gushed about Tom Lochtefeld and wrote a fluff piece about him. David and Chas are definitely not unbiased (like they virtue signal all the time).

You can DM me about the other stuff. I’m really trying to be more patient than I normally would be before I post any more details.