*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
My daughter and her boyfriend, both fully vaccinated and boosted, are sicker than sh!t. They went to Las Vegas as part of a "team building" exercise for work. Most all of their co-workers that went are sick. They were at the ER yesterday. So far this morning I can't get any response out of them. I hate Vegas. Always have.

enframed

Tom Curren status
Apr 11, 2006
Del Boca Vista, Phase III
My daughter and her boyfriend, both fully vaccinated and boosted, are sicker than sh!t. They went to Las Vegas as part of a "team building" exercise for work. Most all of their co-workers that went are sick. There were at the ER yesterday. So far this morning I can't get any response out of them. I hate Vegas. Always have.
I went to Las Vegas for a wine expo in December last year. It wasn't that busy like normal but I was a little worried. People get hammered at these things. All good for me and everyone I know who went, but Omicron and subsequent variants weren't a thing back then.

I hope your family is OK.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
I went to Las Vegas for a wine expo in December last year. It wasn't that busy like normal but I was a little worried. People get hammered at these things. All good for me and everyone I know who went, but Omicron and subsequent variants weren't a thing back then.

I hope your family is OK.
Thanks. My daughter was on the phone with my wife last night sobbing. Short of breath but her oxygen stats weren't that bad. She's scared. Which is making things way worse IMHO. She was recently diagnosed with asthma. Even when they're grown they're still your kids and you still worry.

Sharky

Phil Edwards status
Feb 25, 2006
So, update, she's better. She was calling me telling me she felt like she was going to die. She wound up at the ER. They gave her Paxlovid (sp) I think it was. So from Sunday to now, there has been a huge improvement.

Meanwhile I have learned that a shaper that I was doing design work for has tested positive. At the time we were working together, he had an obvious cold but he was testing negative. He got worse and now its positive. I suppose he could have had a cold first and THEN picked up the COVID while sick with the cold. Whatever. I felt kind of shitty a couple of days ago, but I feel fine now. I don't know if I want to burn up a home test, I suppose I probably should. Laying low for a few more days regardless. Seems like people all around me are catching it now.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
Took me a month to get over it. Never all that sick, but it persisted. No problem surfing, but biking and running are harder.

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
i got pretty sick about two weeks ago. down pretty good for 4-5 days. started as sore throat and then morphed into nasty congestion and some fever. the nights were hell. not much of a cough but lots of sneezing. so much snot. GF got it too but it only last a couple days for her. i feel a bit better now but still have congestion two weeks later and feel low energy. we tested negative on the home tests and as far as symptoms it didn't feel like anything too different from a common cold but i still wonder. they don't normally linger this long for me.

glad to hear your kid is doing better Sharky. scary stuff.

kidfury

Duke status
Oct 14, 2017
This. From what I've seen/heard, the home tests are completely garbage on the omicron and more recent. Worthless.
my home tests worked fine a few weeks ago. could have been a false negative, but less likely following a couple positive tests

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island
i got pretty sick about two weeks ago. down pretty good for 4-5 days. started as sore throat and then morphed into nasty congestion and some fever. the nights were hell. not much of a cough but lots of sneezing. so much snot. GF got it too but it only last a couple days for her. i feel a bit better now but still have congestion two weeks later and feel low energy. we tested negative on the home tests and as far as symptoms it didn't feel like anything too different from a common cold but i still wonder. they don't normally linger this long for me.

glad to hear your kid is doing better Sharky. scary stuff.
You had COVID.

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
An inner city latina (I'm guessing 93.5 IQ) from CA DPH just called and asked if I'd heard of the COVID vaccines. When I asked how she got my number, she said that they were just going down the voter registration and calling everyone on it. I replied, "Other than the non-stop ads on the radio, the texts, and the emails from you, I'd never heard of the vaccines thank you." I told her I was trying to move on like the rest of the world.

Roe v Wade was just overturned. How can Gavin be worrying about vaccines and COVID at a time like this?

Aruka

Tom Curren status
Feb 23, 2010
PNW
An inner city latina (I'm guessing 93.5 IQ) from CA DPH just called and asked if I'd heard of the COVID vaccines. When I asked how she got my number, she said that they were just going down the voter registration and calling everyone on it. I replied, "Other than the non-stop ads on the radio, the texts, and the emails from you, I'd never heard of the vaccines thank you." I told her I was trying to move on like the rest of the world.

Roe v Wade was just overturned. How can Gavin be worrying about vaccines and COVID at a time like this?
I bet gavin personally asked her to call you that son of a bitch.