*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I won't be getting a booster. I'm in a group with a unvaccinated 99.7 survivability rate. I got vaccinated and despite what the admin tells you, antibodies aren't a measure of immunity. I believe that the bodies immune memory and response from the vaccines is long lasting and effective. My ace is the hole is I'm a member of a concierge medical group that will come to your house and treat with monoclonal antibodies and other biologics that have been proven to be effective. Crazy part is these treatments are available all over Florida but in California the government keeps tight control over them and doctors don't know how to get or dispense them.
I think this is wise. I've been following the FDA ad coms and the CDC's ACIP as well as doctors who follow both. The booster push is coming from the White House, not science. VE against hospitalization remains high and there is no need for boosters in the young or healthy. If you're over 65 or have the 'beetus, maybe. Krause and Gruber - the FDA's two top vaccinologists - quit over the political pressure from the WH for boosters. The "data" supporting them is basically nonexistent - measurements of antibody titres as a surrogate marker of effectiveness rather than prevention of hospitalization like in the trials.

They are readily available on an outpatient basis at a large number of healthcare systems in San Diego.

Florida recently closed a bunch of their monoclonal antibody sites - low demand.
These aren't needed. We have several therapeutics, including cheap ones:

When's your 4th booster for Omicron scheduled there Praxie?

:shrug:

We may need a 4th booster sooner than expected according to the man getting rich on vax sales.

:socrazy:
Some people are never going to figure this out.

I've never seen this much exploitation of FUD by a tech company. The regulatory capture might also be worse than the MIC. Consider that we're two years into the War on COVID one year after giving effective vaccines. The GWOT went roughly 20 years, so we're 10% of the way there.

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
When's your 4th booster for Omicron scheduled there Praxie?

:shrug:

We may need a 4th booster sooner than expected according to the man getting rich on vax sales.

:socrazy:
in six months?

The cool thing about being fully vaccinated is if you die from covid, you won't be thinking, Why didn't I get the shot?

I guess some people who die who don't get vaccinated have such effective cognitive dissonance avoidance tactics that this doesn't happen to them.

Motivated reasoning is bliss!

From what I've heard you don't want to get covid.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
A little weird that they're so willing to give you both, if you want them to. My friend went to get both and I told him that sounds like a bad idea. He asked the nurse there...and they agreed! He only got the booster. Had he not asked though, jab jab next. WTF...

Reactions: gbg

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
Apparently a colleague is in bad shape. Slim quiet guy, late 50s early 60s, more than likely vaccinated. Sweetheart of a guy. It sucks when you aren’t supposed to know (HIPAA) so I can’t send him a bottle of get well soon scotch, a card or even an email…I don’t know if he’s hospitalized or “just” really sick at home, but i Really didn’t like the tone in the unspoken words of the man who spoke to him

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Apparently a colleague is in bad shape. Slim quiet guy, late 50s early 60s, more than likely vaccinated. Sweetheart of a guy. It sucks when you aren’t supposed to know (HIPAA) so I can’t send him a bottle of get well soon scotch, a card or even an email…I don’t know if he’s hospitalized or “just” really sick at home, but i Really didn’t like the tone in the unspoken words of the man who spoke to him
In bad shape with COVID?

3 months, ladies:

They're ignoring T-cells and memory B cells and basing their sales model off of antibody titers. Some of the COVID infection reports I'm hearing from boosted colleagues who've had COVID more than once sound like the original antigenic sin. In other words, mindlessly repeat jabbing with the same spike protein is narrowing the immune system's response to variants. Sure, they can cook up a booster specific to the variant but the variant wave will be over by then.

Reactions: casa_mugrienta

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Island is in the middle of a spike in cases.

My shapers son caught the bug at school, brought it home. The whole family caught it too by close proximity clearly. They were not vaxxed. Their renter was fully vaxxed. She too caught it. She's had the worst of the five of them, but still only had home stay care with congestion and head and body aches. The two kids barely noticed it and only complained of the ten day lock down, the two parents also had it mild, only feeling badly a couple of days.

They're pushing the 3rd spike here, my mom just had hers. My wife's anxiously awaiting hers too.

Me? Never had it, never will if avoidable... Though with the cast of untouchables created by the vax passports that seems less and less likely.

The islands have the vaxport in effect for the holidays until mid January. We'll see what happens after that.

:shrug::socrazy:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
In bad shape with COVID?

3 months, ladies:

They're ignoring T-cells and memory B cells and basing their sales model off of antibody titers. Some of the COVID infection reports I'm hearing from boosted colleagues who've had COVID more than once sound like the original antigenic sin. In other words, mindlessly repeat jabbing with the same spike protein is narrowing the immune system's response to variants. Sure, they can cook up a booster specific to the variant but the variant wave will be over by then.
Yes

Reactions: PRCD

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
That's what I'm seeing a lot of - someone got vaxxed and gets a bad case. My friend got J&J 3 months ago then got COVID two weeks ago. He was the only one in the family vaxxed and had the worst case by far. He blacked out twice. The rest of the family had mild symptoms. Since he has 5 kids, you'd think some of the others with a close-enough genotype would've had a similar reaction like I've seen in other unvaxxed families, but no. One colleague and his wife got jabbed. He got a mild case and his wife was on her back 10 days. Another colleague got COVID early on then got 3 mRNA jabs then got COVID again two weeks ago. He said this was the worst case of COVID so far. This is starting to look like original antigenic sin. Maybe he should stop getting jabbed, lose a lot of weight (immediately) and get some exercise and sunlight. Others say we need a fourth jab of the same spike like now. It's anyone's guess. It's all a big experiment. I LOVE SCIENCE!

• Haha
Reactions: casa_mugrienta

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA
Got a flu shot and had one of the mildest reactions to it ever. Based on the strains circulating this season, seems they got the blend more right than wrong for the vaccine this year.

Appears there is a swine flu variant in circulation this season, H3N2, which the vaccine covers.

VonMeister

Duke status
Apr 26, 2013
JOE BIDENS RAPE FINGER
That's what I'm seeing a lot of - someone got vaxxed and gets a bad case. My friend got J&J 3 months ago then got COVID two weeks ago. He was the only one in the family vaxxed and had the worst case by far. He blacked out twice. The rest of the family had mild symptoms. Since he has 5 kids, you'd think some of the others with a close-enough genotype would've had a similar reaction like I've seen in other unvaxxed families, but no. One colleague and his wife got jabbed. He got a mild case and his wife was on her back 10 days. Another colleague got COVID early on then got 3 mRNA jabs then got COVID again two weeks ago. He said this was the worst case of COVID so far. This is starting to look like original antigenic sin. Maybe he should stop getting jabbed, lose a lot of weight (immediately) and get some exercise and sunlight. Others say we need a fourth jab of the same spike like now. It's anyone's guess. It's all a big experiment. I LOVE SCIENCE!
This just underscores how deadly Covid is. It's killed science, logic, evidence-based medicine, and common sense.

• Haha
Reactions: PRCD

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
This just underscores how deadly Covid is. It's killed science, logic, evidence-based medicine, and common sense.
Just curious, how many have swung to this "side", opinion wise? I know a lot of you were team "anything the tv says, because that's SCIENCE!" And had a real problem with people like me using logic and reason over the past couple of years to decide what to get injected into us or what to wear over our faces.

• Haha
Reactions: mundus

centrlcoastkook

Billy Hamilton status
Jul 2, 2002
Just curious, how many have swung to this "side", opinion wise? I know a lot of you were team "anything the tv says, because that's SCIENCE!" And had a real problem with people like me using logic and reason over the past couple of years to decide what to get injected into us or what to wear over our faces.
Not me man. I still think you're pretty dumb:foreheadslap:

Autoprax

Duke status
Jan 24, 2011
Vagina Point
Logic and reason are tools.

They are not full proof.

I see a lot of motivated reasoning biasing these already fallible tools.

The absence of uncertainty should give you pause because you might be wrong.

I don't see much uncertainty on team antivax.

Reactions: tacos

gbg

Miki Dora status
Jan 22, 2006
A little weird that they're so willing to give you both, if you want them to. My friend went to get both and I told him that sounds like a bad idea. He asked the nurse there...and they agreed! He only got the booster. Had he not asked though, jab jab next. WTF...
Apparently the CDC approves of this.

Random Guy

Duke status
Jan 16, 2002
My 2 grandkids tested positive for covid today
Yesterday I was with them for about 7 hours, in very close proximity
Saturday with 1 for about 3 hours, and with the other for about an hour
Friday with both of them for a few hours including reading bedtime stories, so close proximity again

I’m not sure when I should get tested
I’ve got a family party this weekend that I don’t want to be spreading this thing around at. The oldies all died already this year and last year, but I don’t want to be taking out the older boomers at the party

damn you covid ( furiously shaking fist in air)

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
My 2 grandkids tested positive for covid today
Yesterday I was with them for about 7 hours, in very close proximity
Saturday with 1 for about 3 hours, and with the other for about an hour
Friday with both of them for a few hours including reading bedtime stories, so close proximity again

I’m not sure when I should get tested
I’ve got a family party this weekend that I don’t want to be spreading this thing around at. The oldies all died already this year and last year, but I don’t want to be taking out the older boomers at the party

damn you covid ( furiously shaking fist in air)
man that sucks. Text me if you wanna make out or something, help you feel better. They say you are most contagious in the first couple of days :ban: :dancing:

But for real, if you guys all go into quarantine, we'll leave all the Lido Kosher Deli food you can handle on the front stoop