*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

SurfFuerteventura

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Ok, ok, ok... We get it.

You both want to get a room with the Doc and form a caterpillar train eating each others orifices out.

Tossed salad anyone?

Now, can we get back to our regularly scheduled programming?

:shrug:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
I told you about Osterholm.

You're stealing him from me.
Interesting how the vaccines work just fine in Spain, France, and Sweden but not in nearby countries like Germany, the Netherlands, and Belgium where "cases" are "skyrocketing" and most ICU patients are now "filled with the vaccinated." Do the virus or vaccines behave differently when you step into a neighboring country?

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Interesting how the vaccines work just fine in Spain, France, and Sweden but not in nearby countries like Germany, the Netherlands, and Belgium where "cases" are "skyrocketing" and most ICU patients are now "filled with the vaccinated." Do the virus or vaccines behave differently when you step into a neighboring country?
Spain's spiking again, or so we're told.

Pretty much got the hang of this virus, as far as living on an underpopulated touristic island is concerned.... Tourism rises, so do the cases. Tourism drops, so do the cases. Tourism stay the same, so do the cases.

I just avoid those pesky tourists, they're the ones infecting all of us residents here. Every single case of a local getting it, that I know personally, has caught it one of twos ways... Working for tourism, Partying with tourists.

Fook U Two Wrists!

:cursing::foreheadslap::cursing:

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
Spain's spiking again, or so we're told.
:shrug:

Or it's a booster push.
:unsure:

SurfFuerteventura

Sep 20, 2014
Ribbit
Austrian duuue in the water today mentioned, when asked if he was on vacation, that he's moving here because he can work online and more importantly Austria is imposing a quarantine on all non-vaxxed persons.

:shrug::socrazy:

Have no idea of veracity, cannot be bothered to check into it,but thought of this place as he mentioned it, and how he'd have been lectured by some here.

:roflmao::roflmao:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
it just happens i was in Stowe last weekend. they're all kind of freaked out by their FIRST wave of corona, with a whopping 500 cases state wide. My wife and i heard that and just laughed and laughed. I said "yeah, we probably had 500 new cases a week just on our end of Long Beach alone during the last 18 months"

PRCD

Tom Curren status
Feb 25, 2020
ivermectin probably doesn't work:

The Summary
  • Ivermectin doesn’t reduce mortality in COVID a significant amount (let’s say d > 0.3) in the absence of comorbid parasites: 85-90% confidence
  • Parasitic worms are a significant confounder in some ivermectin studies, such that they made them get a positive result even when honest and methodologically sound: 50% confidence
  • Fraud and data processing errors are of similar magnitude to p-hacking and methodological problems in explaining bad studies (95% confidence interval for fraud: between >1% and 5% as important as methodological problems; 95% confidence interval for data processing errors: between 5% and 100% as important)
  • Probably “Trust Science” is not the right way to reach proponents of pseudoscientific medicine: ???% confidence
Dr. Vinay Prasad + Dr. Cody Meissner (FDA VRBPAC):