*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

Havoc

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
May 23, 2016
in da hood next to paradise
I really hope this current spike in cases does not gain traction.
It will. Ppl are not wearing masks nor social distancing. Oc case counts are gaining fast. Second wave on its way. Look at Taiwan and South Korea. They quarantine the sick. Everyone wears masks and life goes on. Americans are fking idiots who need to learn the hard way

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
I think WHO is walking back some of it already.

Link to today's news item.
Not much of a walk back. More of a response to "so you've proven 100% that the virus can't spread that way at all?"
"yeah, well, no. We can't say 100% that it doesn't work that way, yet"

Bohter

Michael Peterson status
Mar 7, 2006
Not much of a walk back. More of a response to "so you've proven 100% that the virus can't spread that way at all?"
"yeah, well, no. We can't say 100% that it doesn't work that way, yet"
I'd ask for proof that a virus is a pathogen....start at the root cause level. Ever seen any real proof? Or is it some belief we have based on someone telling you it is...over and over and over again?

Second wave gonna be a bad one...per Faucci last night....with a little smirk on his face....anyone wanna guess when the next set of lockdowns begin? Maybe right around the beginning of flu season (Northern)....early fall?

As for the UN's WHO.....now openly suggesting it's a great time for a Global Reset....nothing to see here move along?

And the defund the police thingy we've been hearing the past few days....what's the alternative?
UN Peackeepers ala military?

• Dislike
Reactions: afoaf

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009

Reactions: Havoc

racer1

Tom Curren status
Apr 16, 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
LMAO at pretty much all 7,476,908 pages of this thread at this point. I'm truly sorry for those who lost friends and/or family to Covid (i lost several friends/colleagues and one very old, sickly, bedridden, and demented Mother in law) but WTF is actually up with 2020? I always knew "people" could be dumb, stupid, and scared animals, to paraphrase Tommy Lee Jones in his infamous "why the people cannot know the truth" speech in "Men in Black." But i guess i never really appreciated those depths. Not even directing this at any particular troll/person on this forum. But ho-lee-fuk did i DRAMATICALLY underestimate just how far down we would be dragged by fear, ignorance, and historically bad public policy and government actions. Part of me thinks "geez i'm glad my dad wasn't around to witness the worst of all his assumptions about mankind and government confirmed" but the other part thinks "nah, he'd be passing the popcorn around while cleaning his home defense quiver, perhaps even a gleam of mischief and excitement in his eyes."

We're in similar fields, you're in NY and I don't know what it's like there, but I'm starting to scale back up. Are you not? I was down to 30-40% of income after first month of lockdown, but I'm back to about 60-70% of income now and scaling. Also getting new clients through my funnels. I'd estimate I'll be around 80-90% of pre-covid income by the end of the Summer.

Also have you thought about going hired gun for billboard advertising? I have a friend who sells in LA and works as an independent contractor between clients and board providers. Gets agency pricing and then upsells to clients. Has a lot of flexibility and can sell a variety of products.

Last edited:

Subway

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 31, 2008
LBNY
yeah I’m getting crushed this year. Luckily I wasn’t a total jack ass with all the prosperity of the last several years and have a safety net and a job but it’s brutal. seeing signs of activity now, just wrote some decent biz for the first time in months. But yeah, glad I got my Tavarua and Kauai (and new bathrooms and wife’s yogurt teacher training) in last year cause we now have a whole different household budget, and it will be like that for a while.

Last edited:

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
....cause we now have a whole different household budget, and it will be like that for a while.
So do we and prolly everyone we know. There's less coming in and that's not a good thing, but we are learning to make do with less and that is a very good thing. And in the bigger picture, the things we are doing without (like a new bathroom, eating out regularly, travel, a new car or board etc etc) aren't really that important anyway. These are not real problems. Ymmv.

Reactions: obslop