*** Official Corona Virus Thread ***

GWS_2

Miki Dora status
Aug 3, 2019

sussle

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Oct 11, 2009
as restrictions are easing, NC is now experiencing what really looks like it's first wave....cases doubled in the last few weeks, three peak days in a row. the relevant time frame for the current spike appears to be Mother's Day, for which lots of people threw caution to the wind, at least in my area. and if so, the end of June should be really interesting coz Memorial Day was a free-for-all here.

obslop

Rabbitt Bartholomew status
Feb 4, 2002
san diego, CA
Oceanside continues to stack cases along with the rest of SD County but the doubling rate in Oceanside has held steady at approximately one month for many weeks now.

as of June 2 the doubling rate for all of USA was 38 days

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
OMG...look at all these false positives showing up everywhere using tests that have been proven to be fraudulent. If we keep pretending like the numbers are legit and CNN, Fox, Google, Fakebook, and Twitter push the phony narrative relentlessly than we can still pose as authoritative. The people are too weak willed to understand the truth that's in front of them. And even if they do, they'll recognize the immensity of collaboration and shrivel back in cowardice.

stringcheese

Miki Dora status
Jun 21, 2017
Yeah yeah, some meaningless numbers going up and down according to who knows who's questionable accounting.
How far are we from hospitals nationwide being overwhelmed by demand for intensive care?

Thought so.
Didn't happen, won't happen, wasn't ever going to happen.

casa_mugrienta

Duke status
Apr 13, 2008
Petak Island

Word is that this is a border control problem with patients coming in from Sonora and Baja.

Mexico has basically told any person with US citizenship or green card to fvck off and go north to the USA for care.

Many of these people are US citizens in name only - they've pretty much lived their entire life in Mexico, speak barely a word of English (if that), paid taxes in Mexico, built their life in Mexico. Now their own government is telling them to beat it. People dying before they can make it to the border.

Mexican patients are now be transferred as far north as San Fransicko.

Imperial County is completely inundated along with hospitals in the San Diego South Bay. Around 50% of all the Wuhan virus patients are from Mexico.

The state of CA and the federal government better get a grip on this fast before there is a lack of staff, beds, and PPE for people who live in the United States.

This is like a huge TJ river sh!t on the USA, only this time it's with healthcare.

Mr Doof

Duke status
Jan 23, 2002
San Francisco, CA

Ah, so this is why dear old dad rang me up to go over the DNR and will yet again.

Edit:
Got a doozy of an email spam. Rather than paste the whole thing in its gloriously unconnected, paranoid delusions, let me just share one of the many goofy parts:
+++++++++++

The Chinese are included in the following countries:

Mongolia, China, Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, Burma, Vietnam, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia, Indonesia, Philippines, Micronesia (Guam), Polynesia, Hawaii.

Chinese in disguise: The African Americans; Using skin dye, chemically treated hair follicles, wigs, hair extensions, lip enlargement implants, prosthetic noses, facial masks, dental sheers (shield), body (muscle) suits (50 cents, Dr. Dre, LL Cool J) abstract speech (ebonics), walk & attire. They are the covert project of China. They were sent on ships in the earlier part of the last century, to corrupt American's potential globally. They are deeply entrenched in local, state and federal fraud, to meet their "Daily Quota" for corruption of the economy. They were also sent for corruption to Canada, Britain (UK) & Europe.

+++++++++++++++

studog

Duke status
Jan 15, 2003
CA
had a regular doctor's appointment today, pre-scheduled before quarantine. doing a covid antibody test since we were already drawing blood for cholesterol testing. my doc did warn could be a false positive and whether that would influence me not getting it. he was for the test though. will see the results

jamesgang

Miki Dora status
Aug 9, 2006
Location Location
Lol. Thank you for FINALLY coming clean.

We should all use our single subjective experiences with individual organizations as the gold standard for critiquing massive and varying similiar institutions. Nothing unreasonable or irrational about that.

I do have a nice life.

And you wouldn't give me lickings.
You want me to say sorry to an invisible man in the sky and here we are talking to me about irrational.

And you're probably right, no need lick you, I could just run about 100 feet and watch you huff and puff.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2020
Hey, I'm new here so maybe it's a bad idea to jump in with both feet, but that's never stopped me before...

While I feel terrible for the loved ones of those that have died of Covid-19 I must point out that the current number of deaths is still a very statistically insignificant number. Even if it doubled here in the state to 220k it's still a statistically insignificant number. If you double a number like 0.00004 to 0.00008 it's still a very small number. It still is extremely unlikely. I did a little simple math a couple of weeks ago based on the San Diego County Supervisor's statistics:

Total Covid19 deaths: 209
Total deaths due strictly to Covid19: 6

The population of San Diego County: 3,380,000

With comorbidities 209/3,380,000 = 0.00006183

Without comorbidities 6/3,380,000 = 0.00000178

The average number of traffic-related fatalities in California per year: 9.1 per 100,000 or 0.000091

Traffic ..................................... 0.000091
Covid19 w/comorbidities ........ 0.00006183
Covid19 w/o comorbidities ..... 0.00000178

Of course, San Diego County may not be as bad as other areas and those numbers are a couple of weeks old but I think it makes my point.

I wish all of you scared little wusses would apply the same sort logic to surfing and stay out of the water because you're deathly afraid of the minuscule chance of a shark attack and even much likely to die driving to the beach than by Covid-19.

Surfrusty

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
You want me to say sorry to an invisible man in the sky and here we are talking to me about irrational.

And you're probably right, no need lick you, I could just run about 100 feet and watch you huff and puff.
I'd smoke you in cardio. GUARANTEED.

Jonahbrah

Nep status
Sep 20, 2019
BMore
Yeah yeah, some meaningless numbers going up and down according to who knows who's questionable accounting.
How far are we from hospitals nationwide being overwhelmed by demand for intensive care?

Thought so.
Didn't happen, won't happen, wasn't ever going to happen.
You get your data from bigfoot bro?

I found the cure for COVID- Economic Reset

$kully

Duke status
Feb 27, 2009
Word is that this is a border control problem with patients coming in from Sonora and Baja.

Mexico has basically told any person with US citizenship or green card to fvck off and go north to the USA for care.

Many of these people are US citizens in name only - they've pretty much lived their entire life in Mexico, speak barely a word of English (if that), paid taxes in Mexico, built their life in Mexico. Now their own government is telling them to beat it. People dying before they can make it to the border.

Mexican patients are now be transferred as far north as San Fransicko.

Imperial County is completely inundated along with hospitals in the San Diego South Bay. Around 50% of all the Wuhan virus patients are from Mexico.

The state of CA and the federal government better get a grip on this fast before there is a lack of staff, beds, and PPE for people who live in the United States.

This is like a huge TJ river sh!t on the USA, only this time it's with healthcare.
blame Mexico!!!!